Chapter eighteen

The royal family was talking in hushed whispers when the group entered. When queen Yunhee noticed them, she quickly cleared her throat and sat upright, away from her son. Hoseok looked agitated but smiled nonetheless.

"Hello! Welcome, have a seat." She said, and they nodded, sitting down. Seokjin muttered a small thank you, and the maids began serving them food.

"So, we were discussing about your parade tomorrow, and -" Hoseok began to speak. All of them looked at him in confusion at his words, and Taehyung cut him off.

"Parade? What parade?" He asked. Hoseok looked at him with slight annoyance. Jeongguk took notice of this and placed his hand on Taehyung's thigh. The alpha tried to hide his smile at the contact.

"Well, everyone must know that the omega of Venus is alive! That he is here to save Lupine from the evils!" Hoseok beamed, now eyes set up on Jeongguk.

"Would that be necessary?" Seokjin asked. The prince and the queen looked at him with raised eyebrows. "I mean, wouldn't it be better to keep him hidden as much as possible so we have time to prepare for the blood moon?" He explained.

"If the attack is even on the blood moon," Lisa corrected. The others nodded at her words. Hoseok pursed his lips in thought.

"Yes, well. We have already arranged everything. I mean, how can we not, when the gift of Venus arrived at our doorsteps?" Hoseok asked. Jeongguk felt his ears burn at the man's stares, and he could also smell the sour wine on Taehyung.

"Exactly! We will aid to your needs and will help with anything." The queen smiled as she spoke. Taking a deep breath and setting down his golden chopsticks, Jeongguk spoke.

"Do you have a warlock who can help us?" He asked. Hoseok and Yunhee exchanged glances, and the latter spoke.

"Well, yes. We have a warlock, and I think he will help you, Your Highness," she said.

"That is good. We need a prophecy from him, which is why we were sent here." He explained. The royalty nodded.

"Alright, we will arrange a meeting tomorrow after the parade. The parade will be in the morning." The prince said.

"How will this parade be like?" Taehyung questioned. Hoseok laughed at the question.

"Like any other parade!" He laughed as if he told the best joke. Then he went on a little quieter, "but it will be more magnificent, of course," he chuckled. Taehyung rolled his eyes. Lisa laughed nervously before speaking.

"Um, seriously, we have never seen a parade. How is it going to be like?" She asked calmly. Hoseok and Yunhee looked at each other and back at them.

"Really?" He asked. They all nodded with a brief hum. "Oh, well. You will be riding horses with a palanquin behind you. His Highness and my mother could be in the palanquin. We will be parading through Narva, calling out to the people and alerting them." He explained. The others nodded, but Jeongguk spoke.

"Um, can I get a horse for myself?" He asked. Then quickly continued on. "No offence to Her Majesty. I would prefer a horse." He said.

"Of course, Your Highness. It's not a problem." Yunhee said. Then, they all ate dinner, with the prince asking questions about their quest and them answering briefly, not wanting to give up too many answers. In all honesty, they were dreading the parade tomorrow. And the dangers that came with it.

After dinner, they walked back to their rooms, Jeongguk holding a plate of fresh meat for Aegis. Taehyung was clenching his jaw muscles and huffing from time to time. Jeongguk raised an eyebrow at that but decided to question after feeding Aegis.

He set down the plate in front of the tiger, and the beast wasted no time digging in. He smiled and ruffled his fur, then looked at the pure blood alpha. Taehyung had locked the door and was going through his bag. Jeongguk walked closer to him and peeked over his hunched figure. A canvas caught his attention.

"What's that?" He blurted out, and Taehyung paused, looking at him.

"Huh?"

"The canvas," he pointed. Taehyung looked at it and back at Jeongguk.

"Oh, that, um -" he scratched the back of his neck and pulled it out with a sigh. "It's just a painting. Nothing much," he said and showed it to him. Taehyung was usually confident about his work, but with the omega, he felt a little nervous.

Jeongguk took the painting in his hands and looked at it. A gasp left his lips, and he looked at Taehyung. "You drew this?" He asked. When Taehyung nodded slowly, he looked down at the canvas again.

"Oh my goodness! Tae, this is so beautiful. This looks just like me," he marvelled at the portrait. Taehyung smiled, but it soon faded when Jeongguk's eyes teared up. He panicked and took the canvas away.

"Hey, wha- why are you crying?" He asked, tilting Jeongguk's lowered head up with his finger under his chin. Jeongguk snifled and began to speak.

"No one has done anything like this for me. You drew me, Taehyung. Accurately, too, I don't know how to thank you." He said. Taehyung smiled again and placed the canvas down on the bed. Then he pulled Jeongguk into his arms and hugged him tight. His omega held him tighter and cried silently onto his shoulder.

"Oh, my love. You are deserving of everything in this world. You do not need to thank me for anything." He said. "I will continue to draw you and paint you because you are my muse. When all of this is over, I will build a room and fill it with your portraits." He promised, and Jeongguk pulled away slightly to look at him. His nose and eyes were red, and Taehyung wiped the tears off with his thumb.

"You don't have to do all that." He said meekly. Taehyung chuckled and kissed his forehead. A blush crept up Jeongguk's face, and he smiled.

"I want to. You're my omega, and I'll always spoil you." He said, and Jeongguk felt warmth spreading across his chest. He wanted this man as his mate, his alpha. Venus was right. She chose the best for her child.

"Have you been having any dreams lately?" Jeongguk asked, now recovered. They both sat down on the bed.

"No, apart from the prophecy dream, nothing." Taehyung said. Jeongguk nodded with a soft hum. "Why?" He asked, meeting Jeongguk's eyes.

"Nothing, just, never mind." He mumbled. Taehyung raised an eyebrow at that.

"Is something bothering you?" He asked carefully.

"No, don't worry, hyung," he replied, and when he looked at Taehyung, the alpha was smiling widely. "What?" His lips also pulled into a smile, seeing the elder's boxy smile.

"You called me hyung." He replied, simply. Jeongguk's eyes widened, and lips parted in realisation. He giggled and decided to tease.

"You like me calling you hyung?"

"Yes, please call me that."

"Okay, hyung." Taehyung had the widest grin ever, and Jeongguk painted that smile on the canvas that was his mind. He captured every detail and returned a smile of his own.

"I really like the painting."

"I really like the painted." A laugh broke out of Jeongguk, his cheeks dusted pink. They were always pink whenever he was with Taehyung.

"Stop! We have to sleep," he said and stood up. They put the portrait away and got on to bed, making sure Aegis was done with his dinner. Then they turned off the lights and laid down. Taehyung put an arm over his omega and pulled him closer. Jeongguk leaned back and let himself be hugged by his alpha.

"I really like the painted." A smile danced on Jeongguk's lips as he drifted to dreamland.