Chapter 1

Algorithm

Algorithm

Got me feeling hidden

Trying to follow vision

But honestly , troublemaker

Feels like I'm the hater

My own undertaker

~ Algorithm (Pam Rabbit)

SEORA POV:

First day of my last year in school and I've already emptied the contents of my bag for the world to see.

Okay I might be exaggerating but it IS embarrassing to drop your bag whilst removing it from your locker and look, I had my diary inside and it's cover is all fluffy and pink.

Now it's stained with vivid blue patches of ink. Reason number 99 why I shouldn't bring glass ink pots to school but I need them for art class. Reumi (aka my best friend since fifth grade) fixed her agape face and helped me toss everything back into place. "Don't laugh," I warned her. She hid a grin.

"You heard about the new boys right?"

I shook my head, "Nope, didn't even know we had transferees."

Reumi sighed, "If you ever decided to get your ass online you would know. But I'll tell you what I know, their names are Heeseung and Jake. Junghan and his gang say they're really smart."

"Junghan and his gang...? Didn't they like, barely pass last year? Of course they would find others smart."

"This is different, girl. People are claiming they know our entire syllabus already and could probably ace the midterms if they gave it right now."

I shrugged and acted nonchalant. Deep down, I was a little curious. Usually new transferees took a while to get used to our school's curriculum. Our admission test is one of the toughest in the country. Our school's also been included in the top ten schools with focus on academics for seven years consecutively. Overachievers much?

I remember the day I joined the school clearly. I remember the admission test even more clearly. I'd gotten a full score in a mere half an hour when the time allotted was one hour. I went through several rounds of interviews but I blitzed through them all.

I knew basic calculus, trigonometry, lightning fast calculations, beginner computer programming, scientific names and taxonomy, human physiology, our timeline of evolution, the periodic table up to 50 and chemical reactions back in fifth grade.