Chapter 7

You seem to replace

You seem to replace

Your brain with your heart

You take things so hard

And then you fall apart

~ Cry Baby (Melanie Martinez)

SEORA POV

"Wait Ni-ki!" I exclaimed, rushing towards the painting,

"You can do whatever you want with it after telling me why." I declared as Heeseung walked up to the painting and said,

"Are you sure you're okay with ruining something like this?" He asked, apparently shocked that I was willing to sacrifice it.

I nodded curtly, "It's not like I don't have any more paintings." I replied although a part of me was very upset...that painting was one of my favorites.

Ni-ki sighed, "You've forgotten Noona...look at the canvas texture."

As I rubbed my hands along the canvas a memory came flooding back to me...

Flashbacks

Happy Birthday Seora! Ni-ki exclaimed to me.

I blew out the birthday candles...now I'm 17. I feel so much older...it's scary.

"Here's my present!" he giggled as he handed me a round pink box. He reached for another big package kept at the corner of my room.

"This one's from Suzumi..." he mumbled as I opened my mouth wide,

"Are you sure? She hates me Ni-ki..."

"She felt bad about last month Noona. I think she wants to make it up to you."

With that, he handed the package over to me,

"Please do keep it carefully, she spent almost a month making it you know!"

I chuckled, "Wow...I can't believe she's being so sweet now. Maybe you guys might even start behaving like siblings now?"

Ni-ki shook his head, "That's a push, this is a once in a lifetime thing Noona."

We hugged before he left and I eagerly opened the package. I saw a paper tied to a long cardboard box.

"To Hwang Seora,

Happy birthday Seora.

You are probably wondering why I sent you a present, well, if my brother hasn't told you already, I feel kinda bad about what happened to you.

I know you're not completely sane right now too. I know you're still having those thoughts and you still open up your bandages. For fuck's sake, stop it.