Chapter Seven

Cassilly Martin's POV

"I'M LEAVING."

Janella stood up and left. Lord Vandrous sighed heavily. "Let me talk to her," I stated.

I walked out of the room. "Agent Top," I called.

I walked faster to reach her.

"Agent Top!" I raised my voice. No one would ever want or try to make me mad.

She stopped walking and faced me. "Lady Harris," she mumbled. "What do you want?"

"I am well aware of what you are feeling right now, Agent Top," I expressed. Her lips formed a small smile. "If that's so, can we talk in private then? I'm not comfortable around here." I nodded.

We went to my office in order to have a private conversation. Sandali kong inayos ang mga papers at ibang gamit na nakakakalat sa mesa ko habang hinihintay kung sino sa amin ang mauunang magsalita.

"I disagree with Lord Vandrous," she stated. "Hindi ko gusto 'yong paraan ng pananalita niya kanina. He's basically invalidating Annarih," she added.

I nodded. I understand her sentiments. "I can see that. It's pretty obvious considering the way you reacted and talked earlier," I said. "However, you also have to consider that he's saying those not to judge or invalidate Annarih. He wants the best for her."

"How? How would he know what's best and what's not the best for my best friend? Hindi naman siya ang nasa sitwasyon ng kaibigan ko. Hindi niya naiintindihan si Annarih."

"Pero tama siya, Janella, madadamay ang organization kapag pinagpatuloy pa ni Annarih ang pag-imbestiga," I explained.

"Great." She chuckled sarcastically. "Now you're in his side? Akala ko ba tutulungan mo si Annarih. What changed?"

"Nothing changed and I will still lend my hand for Annarih, but right now, we have to ensure that we are safe and there are no threats circulating around our organization. Lord Vandrous and I have a bad feeling that something strange is going on."

It confused her. She got real quiet for a few seconds as if she was thinking of something.

"Janella, think about the organization as well, don't just think about your best friend, try to look at the bigger picture. Annarih's getting out of hand. Hindi na mapagsabihan or makausap ng maayos dahil ang parating laman ng utak niya ang mga magulang niya. Yes, we understand her and yes, mahirap ang situation niya, but we also have to remind her that she's not just an ordinary person. She is also part of this organization and she has to fulfill her obligations," I explained.

"Fine," maya-maya'y aniya. "I'll help you guys with Annarih," she stated which made me smile. "Just make sure na para 'to sa ikabubuti niya, ah."

I nodded. I was about to sit on my vanity chair when she spoke again. "I'll talk to Lord Vandrous right away," aniya. "Go ahead."

Tumango siya bago lumabas ng office ko. I smiled upon realizing that I convinced her.

It's safe to say that I have a really great skill in terms of persuasion.

Napailing na lang ako. Sana ay ganoon din kadaling kumbinsihin ang best friend niya pero mas malabo sa pagputi ng uwak na mapagsabihan ang batang iyon. Talagang matigas ang kanyang ulo at hindi basta-bastang natitinag.

Alcher Dee Reyes' POV

"Oh, Janella?" gulat kong sambit nang makita siyang pumasok sa office. Pinatawag kasi ako ni Lord Vandrous. Awtomatiko akong napangiti. "Woah! Kailan ka pa nakabalik? 'Di ba nasa abroad ka?" tanong ko pero hindi siya nakasagot. Animo'y nagulat siya nang makita ako pero agad din namang nakabawi.