Chapter Three

THIRD PERSON'S POV

As she walked into the dimly lit room, all eyes turned to her. Dressed in a tailored black suit, with a crisp white shirt and a red silk tie, she looked every bit the badass woman in her 30s.

Her jet-black hair was slicked back, revealing sharp cheekbones and a strong jawline. She wore minimal makeup, but her dark red lipstick made her lips look almost dangerous.

She exuded an air of power and authority that left no doubt in anyone's mind that she was in charge. She strode across the room with a confidence that could only come from years of experience and hard work.

The room was full of men, all vying for her attention. But she ignored them all, her eyes scanning the room for someone in particular. Her demeanor was cold and calculating, as if she was sizing up each person in the room and deciding whether they were worth her time.

When she finally spotted the person she was looking for, a slight smirk crossed her lips. She walked closer to her.

"Hello, darling," she purred, her voice dripping with honey and sarcasm. "I've been waiting for you."

"I need your help." Annarih's words made her laugh.

Annarih frowned, curious and puzzled.

"Allow me to say something, darling," she mumbled.

"You see, in certain circumstances, retribution may become a requisite element in the pursuit of fairness and impartiality. Although it is often deemed an undesirable response, there are instances where revenge can be the only avenue towards redressing a grievance or transgression."

She glanced at her. "Speak forth a word, and I shall exert myself to proffer aid with the entirety of my capabilities."

Annarih nodded and so she smiled sweetly.

She is none other than Cassilly Martin, who bestows upon herself the appellation of Lady Harris; a commanding and formidable figure, fearless in face of reproach, endowed with a sharp and unrelenting intellect.

-

"Hinding hindi ko makakalimutan ang gabing iyon," panimula ni Annarih. "That night changed my life forever."

"Patulog pa lang kami nang pinasok ang bahay namin. My dad, who was worried for our safety, immediately asked us to hide." She sighed habang inaalala ang mga pangyayari ng gabing iyon. "But my mom."

"S-she... she sacrificed herself. Iniwan niya ako sa pinagtataguan namin and when I went out to look for them nang matigil na ang mga ingay at masiguro kong wala nang tao, doon ko lang..."

"... doon ko nakita ang kahayupang ginawa sa kanila."

Cassily shook her head. "You know if it makes you uncomfortable, you are free to keep silent."

Napatingin sa kanya si Annarih bago tumango kaya napangiti si Cassily. She went closer to wipe her tears. "Crying is not a crime, darling."

"But it is a weakness," Annarih responded.

"If it feels heavy inside then I suggest it's better to let it out."

But Annarih disagreed. "What's the point of crying? It's a waste of time. Besides, I won't feel anything even if I let it out. It's always empty."

"But it helps you."

Cassily reached for her hand. Bahagyang nagulat roon si Annarih. "You're doing great each day, darling."