Chapter 8 - Emery in sight

It was Miguel's first weekend being a student at Pembrook League College. Each weekend, the students of Pembrook would go out to various market towns, all for various reasons. Some saw it as a way to explore a different city then the one they grew up in, but most students shopped. The town of Soul Court was the best for anyone's needs. Whether it was for clothes, souvenirs, food, or magical products, plus, the items weren't costly.

Miguel was excited at the opportunity to visit his parents after his first week away. It was busy at this time of day, all magical beings and civilians making their morning commute.

The train ride took about an hour, and aside from flying, the train was the only mode of transportation to the sea town of Soul Court.

The train was full of commotion, consistently - but it was a way for Miguel to be alone with his own thoughts.

Upon his arrival at his hometown station, he waited for other passengers to offboard. Melancholy and nostalgia washed over him, he was only gone for a week - but that was forever to be away from the only place he knew.

He began walking back to his parents' shop, taking a path only he and locals would know; one away from any foot traffic of tourists.

He walked into the shop and glanced around,

"Hello?" He called out in a gruff voice, hoping to confuse his parents or a customer.

"I'll be right with ya!" His mother called back out.

He smiled softly to himself once hearing his mothers voice, he had his back facing the entryway his mother would come out of and pretended to look at the assortment of herbs they had displayed.

"Good morning, how can I help you hon?" She led in her sweet tone, one would be used just for customers.

Miguel turned with a cocky grin, "How much for a bundle of a endear?"

Julia gasped and laughed, "Oh dear!" She scrambled over and hugged Miguel with glee, "Honey! Miggy's home!"

Miguel's father came out with a smile, the three rejoiced in a tight hug.

"C'mon honey, we have so much to tell you." His mother took Miguel's hand and led them to their living room after going through the back doors of the shop. "I'll make you some tea, tell us all about it, don't leave out a single detail."

Miguel laughed lightly before sitting on the couch and glanced between his parents, "No need for tea mom, thank you though." He laughed lightly, "It's... like a whole new world there. I've never learned more."

"And Mr.Lee, his daughter has been helping?" His father asked.

He nodded and looked up at his dad, "Sol's the reason I haven't drowned in school work. I was thinking about getting her something as a thank you."

Julia chimed in, "Sol is such a lovely girl, you two would make great friends you know."

Miguel furrowed his brow, "Mom, how do you know Sol?"

A bell chimed, meaning someone entered the shop. "Oh- hold that thought Miggy." She walked out of the front room and to the shop.

Miguel raised a brow and turned to his father, "How does mom know-"

"Oh Sol!" His mother shrieked with delight.

Miguel blinked widely and quickly stood, walking to the shop.

There stood his mother tightly hugging Sol, the two of them laughing and smiling as they embraced.

Miguel stood there confused, he never knew the two were acquainted.