Chapter 3: The Nightlife

Comenzar desde el principio

She steps on his face. "I have a cancer," he smiles.

"You are sick you know that? Just watching this happen."

I laughed to myself in my head. "Sorry did I walk in on something?" I said walking out of the shadows.

"I knew you were there from the beginning."

"You have a good perception of mana."

"No, I don't, you just give enough to destroy-.. well that's enough said. What do you want with the mage's underground?"

"Depends, are you named Kelrod?"

"Heh, you are quite ballsy." She placed her hand on her chest. "I'm Kelrod."

"I thought of you differently."

"It's a codename." the woman crossed her legs. "What do you want? Bounties? Familiars? Info? Od?" she said the last one with a smile. As she smiled it was apparent she had a pair of fangs.

"Do you know the location of Max L/N?" I command.

"..." she crosses her arms.

"..." I prepared my mind.

There was no speech between us, only silence. That's what made it unbearable. I clenched my fist just in case.

"That's sensitive info. I'll hand it over in exchange for a favor. What do you say?"

"I'm not in the trade of deals anymore." I summoned my sword Phaloes and the dagger of Thrakos.

"Ooo, a fighter. I like that." she bared her fangs. The mage bit into the neck of the pink jumpsuited man and the man she was sitting on.

As she did this, they burst into flame. Their bodies began to rot and decay. The smell of burning flesh was pungent throughout the room. The baring of her fangs and the converting of people into lesser beings. Those beings become servants of the vampire. This made it even more apparent that this mage was, she was a lesser dead apostle.

"Aaahhh" yelled the lesser vampire in pain.

"What's wrong never seen an undead?"

"This is the first I've seen of one."

"Well, you're going to make a tasty meal for it." she licked her lips. I then looked directly into her eyes. Her eyes changed into a bright yellow. "Insolent fool. Perish and become frozen."

The undead ran at me. She must've thought her mystic eyes had affected me. I charged the two undead. I used the void dagger to run them through. As they were stunned, I used Phaloes to burn them using their flame. Now they had become ashes on the ground.

"How is that possible? It should've stunned you?" she yelled.

"Who said I didn't have superior eyes than you."

"No matter." she tossed away her coat. A click and hiss of steam was heard. "You will perish the same."

Along her arm was a gauntlet. One made of pistons, gears, valves, and wires. The piece of machinery seemed to be powered by the user's magic circuits. Mainly because the wires connected to the entire arm of the dead apostle.

Kelrod reeled back her arm. The gears on the gauntlet began to turn. As this happened a valve of steam was released. Almost as if she were a bullet, she shot across the entire room in a single motion. Slamming into the wall and obliterating it. The brick that once supported the ceiling crumbled with it.

Dust and debris clouded the air. A mountain of bricks and stone fell onto me. I would be lucky if I survived. No amount of fire would save me from this. That was until.