13. Duels

“Get your battle pass and tickets to watch the freshers’ duels here" Mr. Guab, a sales rep in the university's marketplace shouted, attracting elite students.

The battle passes were for those who would be entering the battle lab for their duels, while those getting tickets were those who wanted to watch the duel from the battle lab’s Arena. 

Usually, students buy tickets and go to the Arena to watch the duels, so they can learn new battle techniques also, analyze the warrior's strength and trump card in case they have to face off with any of the warriors in the future.

Today's duels were scheduled to start by 10:00 am. Ten duels were scheduled for today, including Dan and Mike's duel.

Dan got his battle pass and headed to the battle lab before the duels started. 

As Dan approached the battle lab, he saw lots of students outside waiting for the duels to start. Usually, the battle lab will broadcast the battle on their huge screen outside for those who are unable to get battle tickets to watch the duels from the Arena.

Walking into the battle lab for the first time, Dan was captivated by the intricacy and advanced technology of the building. The steel walls of the battle lab reflected the warriors passing through. 

As Dan walked through the passages of the battle lab in search of the Arena where he would wait till it was time for his duels, a machine voice echoed in the room where he was.

“Welcome Jack Daniel, please show your battle pass or battle ticket so I can transport you to the Arena” 

At first, Dan wasn't certain of how he was to show the invisible machine his battle pass, after standing still for a while pondering, he decided to just bring it out and waved the battle pass. Immediately, Dan disappeared into thin air.

ahwoof!!

In less than a second, Dan appeared at the arena, and saw his friends Malakai and Aiden already seated and waiting for the duels to start, he ran towards them and took the empty seat that was there. 

10 minutes later, the machine voice echoed in the arena again.

“The Duels start in 5 minutes, Malakai Bukai and Jehoshaphat Newland get ready.”

“Bro you're starting," Aiden said excitedly 

“yo bro, I think you should move to the battleground now," Dan said as he pointed at the transparent battleground in the middle of the arena. The battleground was made of powerful glass, that could withstand even blows from an advanced-level warrior, so there have never been a record of the glass breaking or energies leaving the battleground, making the arena a safe place to get a first-hand view of the duels.

Malakai stepped forward smiling and waved the students there to watch the match - one of those royal waves in Euphoria. Dan and Aiden, knowing what he did, chuckled as they watched him enter the battleground.

As Malakai and Jehoshaphat entered the battleground, a machine voice echoed in the arena, and a large holograph displaying their opponent's details appeared for everyone to see. The screen outside also changed to the details of the elite students about to battle.

Name: Malakai Bukai 

Energy Core level: 25 

Rank: Beginner-level 2 warrior 

Special ability: None 

Innate abilities: Telepathy and Hypnosis

Department: Symphony

Name: Jehoshaphat Newland 

Energy Core level: 20