5. Monster Slayer University

I will be your tour guide, but first, let me welcome you to MSU. At MSU we believe in nurturing natural talents through our rigorous training, exercises, and missions. MSU is home to the world's greatest warriors, Senior Brother Tekedor and Senior Brother Ketas went here and the encounters they had during their missions were what completely shaped their future. Founded centuries ago by the greatest warriors of Vigoria, MSU stands as a testament to excellence and service. When instructor Feng said this, he smiled so widely and told the students to cheer for themselves for making it into the #1 elite school in the world.

MSU usually admits students at random, they do not define their applicants based on their test scores. For them, the most important test is the placement test which all newly admitted students would have to undergo before being placed in a department. The energy core of each student is awakened to know the path they are to follow in the University. MSU grouped this energy into five departments which are available in the elite faculty.

You're not here because you're the best, but because you aspire to be.

Instructor Feng continued after a pause

Passing the placement test opens doors to the elite faculty, where you become a recognized Monster Slayer.

Instructor Feng smiled and looked at the young ones.

Instructor sir, please what are the chances of being admitted into the elite faculty and the various departments in the faculty? Aiden a chubby short kid asked without hesitation.

Well from the previous years, out of the 2000 students that were admitted, only about 100 got awakened with a special ability that can be classified into the five departments in the elite faculty - Microbiology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Music, and Medicine. So the chances of you Aiden.... That's the name, right? Instructor Feng asked

Yes sir!

Instructor Feng was the admission counselor of this set of newly admitted students, so he was quite familiar with most of them.

Alright so as I was saying Aiden, the chances can be as low as 5%

So what happens to the remaining 95% of us who don't have a special energy core?

Instructor Feng laughed loudly as Aiden asked the last question.

Well for those emanating normal energies from their core, they would be recognized as regular students, and their test scores revisited....

What do you mean by revisited sir, Aiden interjected Instructor Feng before he could complete what he was saying

Hey listen to me brat, if you continue asking questions like this, your admission will be revoked. Instructor Feng said angrily

With that, everyone was silent. Then Instructor Feng continued with the tour.

Instructor Feng could have answered Aiden's last question, but he hated the way Aiden kept on asking questions. But soon enough they would find out that the majority of the regular students would be sent home as only those with high grades would be welcomed in as a Monster Slayer regular student after the test scores are revisited.

Next, he brought the students to an open field and explained to them that the field was called Monsters Hive. Instructor Feng said while stretching his hands into the surroundings, here is full of Earth's energies and it's essential for meditation for every student at Monster Slayer University. This is a restricted area and you are only allowed to be here if you have a scheduled meditation hour here or the school is having a special gathering here.

The Monster Hive was usually where all students were gathered and addressed by the Vice Chancellor of the school. The VC of Monster Slayer University is one of the top 5 warriors in Vigoria hence people respected him and dared not trespass into the school making the school a safe ground for cultivation. But once the students are sent out for missions in the cursed wilderness, they are on their own and can only depend on themselves and their teammates for protection.

Instructor Feng took the students to the placement test room and explained that the room was sophisticated enough to reduce the effects of energies hitting its walls, that's why the building had been able to stand the test of time. A few days from now when you guys are fully settled here, you will be brought to this room to take your placement test. It's going to be an easy one, the test is for you to just trigger your energy core, and then our machine will read out the specifics. Those with an energy core level above 10 would proceed to the elite faculty.

Xu, the only Japanese student in this set of freshers at Monster Slayer University, immediately asked Instructor Feng how the school would determine the path a student would follow after the test.

With a smile, he answered. The color emanated by your energy cores would be used to know if you're a controller (Silver), Alchemist (Gold), Genetic Guardian (Red), Symphonist (Blue), or Healer (White)

As soon as Instructor Feng finished answering the question, the students began talking with hutched voices amongst themselves

Wow

Incredible

That explains the different colors those students were putting on that we saw outside...

I'd like to get the blue color...

Those around Sophie when she said this chuckled

Silence...

Instructor Feng called the students to order.

Let's Continue....