11. Training Sessions Begin

"I'm not gay." Aiden said.

Malakai blinked twice then nodded his head in contempt as the three of them stood up and returned to their dorms.

...

"What happened to me yesterday?" Dan pondered as he recalled his encounter with the assassins from the party. Stephan thrust the dagger into his heart region, and energy from the dagger flowed from his heart to every part of his body, altering the appearance of his energy core. His energy core became more turgid and dark and let out a faint glow. "My energy core was not glowing before." Dan became even more disturbed; "What the hell did that mysterious dagger do to me?" Dan hit his desk and memories of the conversation he had with Stephan before he daggered him started coming back.

"...That Useless energy of yours is going to kill you anyway"

"...the bosses want you dead"

"... Now die!!!"

"He was so excited to kill me," Dan thought, "was it because of the bosses or he was just a maniac"

"...the bosses want you dead"

"Why do the bosses want me dead?" Dan questioned himself. "Who are the bosses?" Dan was lost in his thoughts as he clenched his fist and swore to find out who sent elite assassins to kill him.

Dan was perturbed by the mysterious dagger and how he was able to emit acid from his body after being daggered and unconscious for 10 seconds. He opened his laptop and searched for all kinds of mysterious daggers until he came across the one used by Stephan.

Item: Venomblade

type: Mysterious daggers

grade: Low level

Description: The Venomblade is formed by ancient alchemical rituals and imbued with the essence of deadly serpents. The Low-grade level Venomblades are capable of killing a warrior who just broke through to the intermediate warrior level.

Dan was shocked upon reading the details of the mysterious dagger that was used on him. He was still unable to find any information explaining why his body secreted acids capable of corroding Intermediate warriors. However, his energy core continued to experience a great surge of powerful energies throughout the day.

"As an Alchemical soldier, you're a god. You're capable of creating anything, even as far as taming powerful beasts with your potions" Instructor Paris said as he stood before the group of 23 Alchemy freshmen. He had a monstrous look and scars all over his body. He wore a dark shade, giving him the appearance of one of those terrifying Instructors. The elite students remained very silent, as they dared not provoke this mysterious man.

"Alchemists are one of the invisible warriors in the universe, because of the boundless powers and fit they could attain. Your major power as an Alchemist is your potions, for you to make potent potions, you need to train your Mental Capacity and improve your energy cores. Every elite student develops a special ability at different stages of their cultivation. Most of these special abilities will be unlocked during times of crisis or when you're in the wilderness for your first three months of hellish training. Some mystical items can trigger your special ability, but such items are very rare, and the university will only reward you with one after completing a very dangerous mission or contributing greatly to the university."

"Could it be that, that acid secretion was my special ability?" Dan murmured to himself.

"There are times when your potions may fail you, so the need to train your martial skills comes into play. For this semester, you will not be taught how to make potions. You will have to depend solely on your martial skills during your training in the wilderness. Luck may shine on you if you're able to unlock a special ability. The death rate in this first mission exceeds 60%."