Chapter 5 - Finding Bear Ridge

After leaving Salt Lake City, the twins speed east before heading north. They get to Kansas as fast as they can to put distance between Christina and her blood singer. They finally slow down when they get to Sharon Springs, Kansas. Once they get to the outskirts of town, they stop running and walk at a leisurely pace.

"So you feeling better now?" Clayton asks Christina.

"Yeah, after getting so far away from him, I feel better." Christina says out loud before adding in their mind link, The hunting we did helped too. I don't have a strong desire to run back to Salt Lake City and drain him.

"Good. What do you say we get a room here for the night then travel north at a more human speed?"

"That sounds great! We can explore now that we aren't in such a rush." Christina says, looking to her brother with a smile.

As they traveled, they would stay in different towns for a few weeks up to a couple months before moving on

As they traveled, they would stay in different towns for a few weeks up to a couple months before moving on. Two years later they end up in Bear Ridge, Wisconsin. A town right by the lake with a lot of fog. After staying for a week, they decide they really like the town, so they would stay permanently, well at least until they had to move on to not make the human suspicious. They get to know the town and the people and fit in quite well. Before they knew it 3 years have passed. 

"Hi Faith," Christina says walking into the diner with a bright smile, and a light purple sundress.

"Hey, Honey. How are you doing?" Faith, the elderly owner of the diner asks.

"I'm doing just fine. How about you? How's your family?" 

"I'm doing well. My kids are too. Speaking of, when are you gonna give my boy a chance?" She asks in a fake scolding tone. 

Christina laughs, "Jack is a nice man, but not the one for me. The one for me will come soon and I will just know." 

Faith sighs, "You are a hopeless romantic. Anyone ever tell you that?"

Christina laughs, "All the time....I just think, when it's right you just know."

Faith chuckles shaking her head, "So what can I do for you, honey? I know you didn't just come in here for lovely conversation."

"Well Tony volunteered to set up the festival this year, but bit more off than he could chew. So I was wondering if he ordered the food and if not, I came to see if I could place the food order for it."

"For the festival that's next week?"

"Yeah." Christina said with a nod

"No order has been made. Are you wanting the same as last year's order?"

"I figured as much. Yes, the same order."

"That's a little short notice."

"Yeah, I know. Like I said, that brother of mine bit off more than he could chew. Can you do it?" Christina asks hopefully.