8|Treated Differently

To my Scrollstack readers, the upcoming chapters are already published and Chapter 10-12 will be out on May 3rd.

Dont forget to check the blurb. <3

The headers are made by itseiraa_.💋

KASHI'S POV

KASHI'S POV

My senses begin to awaken one by one. I feel disoriented, as if I'm emerging from a long, deep sleep. My eyelids flutter open, and the harsh light of the hospital room floods my vision. It takes a moment for my surroundings to come into focus, and when they do, I realise with a jolt that I'm lying in a hospital bed.

Memories flood back in bits and pieces, like shards of a shattered mirror slowly piecing themselves together.

My soul shivered. My heart thumped in my ribcage.

Did he succeed? A single tear slipped down my cheek as I felt my body aching and numb.

I tried to move, but my body felt heavy and alien, like it was no longer mine.

Panic emerged, but I forced myself to stay calm, focusing on the steady rhythm of my breathing.

My heart ached as I recalled that haunting night. The echoes of screams still rang in my ears, reminding me of everything that had gone wrong.

I stared at the ceiling, searching for any sign of hope, but all I saw was darkness closing in. The memories were relentless, refusing to fade away.

I glanced down at my body and saw the IV lines attached to the back of my hand. My wrists were bandaged. Tears pooled in my eyelashes as I felt the soreness in my muscles.

Will he hurt me again? I wondered.

I tried to bring my hand close to my eyes, but it felt as if every cell in my body was being torn apart. I opened my lips to speak, but no sound came out.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as pain shot through my nerves. I tried to shift in the bed, but even the slightest movement was agony. It felt like I was relearning how to move, but this time there was no one to guide me—it was just my own instincts.

After many attempts, I managed to bring my hand close to my face to wipe away the tears. The pain was unbearable.

"Call the doctor immediately." I turned my head to see who had spoken. A man stood there, someone I had seen before but couldn't remember.

I sobbed helplessly on the bed. I didn't want to be near any man.

In minutes, the doctors came in. They looked at me with pity, and I felt my lips parting, but no words would come out.

"Ma'am, please calm down. We're here to help," a nurse said gently.

I tried to wipe my tears, but my hand was trembling too much to do it properly. I shook my head, my lips parting but again nothing came out.