chapter37

3rd Person POV

Yeon Mi once again just sat on her bed while looking out the window. She could only stare at all the people who were walking around and having fun outside while she was locked in the room. Without realising a teardrop on her hand, only she realised that she was crying. "Gosh, why am I even crying?" She said to herself while wiping her tears. Then, a knock was heard. Even before she could look at the door, the door was opened. She just looked at the door.

Like usual, it is them again. Yeon Mi just looked at them without any emotion in her eyes. “Hi, Yeon Mi. I come here  to visit you again with them if you do not mind.” Wonwoo said while smiling. Hearing nothing as an answer, he just took a seat beside her bed while the others awkwardly took seats. "Yeon Mi, we brought something for you today," Mingyu said gently, reaching into his bag and pulling out a small, neatly wrapped package. Without a word, Mingyu unwrapped the package, revealing a delicate bouquet of flowers. "These are for you," Seungcheol said softly, then placed the bouquet in her hands. "We thought they might bring a little bit of joy into your day." The others nodded.

Yeon Mi's fingers traced the petals delicately, a flicker of emotion crossing her face. It was as if the flowers had managed to breach the barriers she had erected around her heart, if only for a moment. "Thank you," she murmured finally, her voice barely above a whisper. All of them smiled, a gentle understanding in their eyes. "You're welcome, Yeon Mi," Vernon replied. There is a long silence in the room before she breaks it.

“Hey, how long do you think?” she suddenly asked them. “What do you mean how long?” Vernon asked her back. “I mean how long do you think I can still be alive?" she asks while looking towards them. “Why do you ask something like this?” Seungcheol asked with sadness in his eyes. “I don't know… I'm kinda tired of all of this.” she said. Wonwoo just looked at her before taking one of her hands, caressing it softly. “Do you really hate all of us, including Seungwoo hyung?” Wonwoo suddenly asked.

“Hate…I am also wondering if I really hate you guys. Maybe it is the betrayal that really hit me hard.” Yeon Mi said while looking out the window. “ You know, the wound from what you have done is still there and in my new life as Yena they also create a new wound in me. I know you guys hide it from me for my own sake, but I also have the right to know it. It is my fucking parents. I have been happily living my life without knowing about my parents' deaths. How long do you think this will happen if I did not accidentally hear it? Am I not going to know the truth until I die?” Yeon Mi asks as she again looks at them. Tears filled her eyes, waiting for it to fall.

The sudden wave of uncontrolled emotion slowly attacked her. She held her chest feeling the sudden pain. Wonwoo quickly stood up and tried to help her calm down. As she couldn't calm down, Seungcheol quickly took her in his arms. Hugging her like she is gonna disappear from this world. He then whispered in her ears to slowly calm her. Mingyu and Vernon quickly walk out from the room to call for the doctor. As the doctor arrived, she had already calmed down a little bit.

______________________________________

Yeon Mi POV

“Are you feeling ok now, Yeon Mi?” Dr. Kim asks me as he examines me. I  just nodded my head before looking at him in hesitation. “You want to tell me something” Dr. Kim calmly asks me. “Can I talk with Mingyu and Vernon oppa alone?” I ask in a slow voice. I could feel their eyes on me as I quickly looked down. “Sure, just don't push yourself too much.” Dr. Kim said. Seungcheol looked at me with a hint of sadness in his eyes before walking out of the room with Wonwoo. Now, there are only three of us in the room.

I slowly look at them before asking the question I have kept for myself. “Why? Why did you do it to me?” I finally asked them. They look at me with guilt in their eyes. Suddenly Mingyu knelt down beside my bed. I was flustered by his sudden action. I tried to help him up with help from Vernon but he won't stand. “ Yeon Mi, I know my sorry will never change the things I did to you. Even though I know it, I still want to apologise to you. I was a jerk to do something like that to you.” he said as he looked at me. I then look at Vernon.

“I also want to apologise for everything I have done to you but I know even if I knee down, it won't change anything. We are so blind with our popularity that we did not even realise that we hurt innocent people like you. But you have the right to not forgive us. Even  though we hope you forgive us, I know it is not easy to forget it.” Vernon said while looking at me sincerely. The way he talked, I could feel that he really meant every single word he said.

“Me too! I also hope you forgive me but there is nothing I can do if you can't forgive me. I will never force you to accept our apologies. Or you can even hit me until you are satisfied, and I will accept every hit.” Mingyu suddenly said. I quickly looked at him back before sighing.

“Can you guys take a seat first? I don't want to talk unless you sit.” I said. Mingyu quickly stood up and sat on my bed. “You know, for the whole time. I kept asking myself if I ever did something wrong to you. You guys are the first friends I ever made.” I said slowly. “I actually don't really know why we changed so much. You know, when we first came to the school. We are actually a loner, since we are not people from there we are kinda scared to open up first. But then we meet Scoups hyung. Maybe hyung was immature back then, but believe me he is actually the kindest person i ever met.” Mingyu said.

“Yeah, I was once bullied too since I was not fully Korean but Scoups hyung saved me.” Vernon said. “If you knew how it felt, why did you do it to me?” I asked them as tears slowly filled my eyes. “ We are too arrogant with the popularity we have now, I guess. Too much that I forgot that we once were also like that. I know an apology will never erase the pain we had done to you. But please even if it is not for us, can you stay alive for yourself?” Mingyu said.

“Do you really think that I deserve to live?” I ask them. “Of course, Yeon Mi. Everyone deserves to live, including you.” Vernon said. “But I have no one left, my parents are not in this world anymore. How can I live if I knew my parents already left me.” I said as tears slowly wet my cheeks. Then, I felt hands holding my hands. “ I don't know anything else but what I know is we will be by your side. Let’s try to continue our life together. If I do something to you in the future, you can just kill me.” Mingyu said. I smile slightly at them.

“I don't know if I can really forgive you guys, but I don't think it is a bad idea to live our life in the future together. If I still have time, I guess.”

Tbc....

Guys I finally came back!!! 😁 I really sorry for taking times on updating this story. I am really thankful for you guys still patiently waiting for me to complete this story. I not promise that I will update it frequently but I will try my best to complete this book in this year. So, keep looking forward to this book.