2. Callen Lombardy

In a small house near a bakery, Peace opens his eyes to a loud cry. 

"He is alive!" The nurse exclaimed.

"What?!" A man with brown hair and soft green eyes asked in shock.

"He just opened his eyes, although he is not crying." She explained.

"Let me see." said a tired voice of the lady with deep fiery red hair and moist deep green eyes. She soon carried the most beautiful baby boy with the same shade of hair and eyes as her. He was silently staring at her before trying to locate the cry of a baby he had been hearing. Shan's eyes clouded over as she saw the glimpse of the future that was changing and started to laugh.

"Well, aren't you a brave boy?" She said with eyes full of love for this child who came to her like a miracle. 'I am sure you will be able to protect your sister and father from the future I saw.' She thought with her eyes closed. Numerous images of the changed future rapidly went through her mind as she connected her forehead to his. 

"Shan?" She looked towards her teary-eyed husband and crying daughter. They looked so similar that she started to laugh.

"Look at you, crybabies. He is fine just very quiet."

"I am glad but will it be okay?" Gallahan asked concerned for his eldest baby boy.

"Of course. Would you like to see your sister and Papa Callen?"

'Callen? Guess that's my name here.' Peace thought. 'She must be Shan, Florentia's mother. And now mine too.' He felt himself shift and saw a handsome man carrying a crying baby. His eyes were gentle as he gazed at the calm child and showed a beautiful smile. It made Callen give a small toothless smile of his own. This made Gallahan and Shan gush over how cute he was. Callen then reached his hand out once he was near enough to his father and held Tia's hand. Slowly the crying subsided and the baby felt his calming aura. Callen closed his eyes from being tired. Both siblings fell asleep holding hands in their parent's arms.

"So cute! Florentia looks just like you" Shan exclaimed.

"And Callen like you," Gallahan said with a laugh.

The family of four fell asleep after an exhausting day that night.

The next morning Callen woke up to a very intimidating grandpa staring at him and his sleeping sister. He guessed this was Lulac Lombardy the grandfather of this body. Gallahan was sweating seeing his father and son staring at each other. He was worried his son would cry at his father's presence but their staring made him feel like a squirrel in between two lions. Suddenly Lulac started to smirk thinking how Callen's sharp eyes resembled his mother. Soon Tia woke up and smiled at her grandfather. Lulac was amused by how much she resembled Gallahan. They were both undoubtedly beautiful babies but Callen had a very particular beauty to him which he inherited from his mother. His stoic face and sharp but peaceful eyes had a way of calming anyone who gazes at him.

Callen felt his sister smile and remembered she was a lot older mentally due to her transmigration. Although he prevented a future where she will grow up to be 19 and getting hit by a carriage and regressing. This was what his mother 'Jour' helped him accomplish as all his ancient powers grew stronger in his domain. Since all inheritors of the people of the south's tribe have power, he had given her healing powers with the help of a crybaby. 'Mom probably knows that too since I showed her glimpses of the future. I can't have my sister go through that future to learn and regress. There is no need to grow through pain. I am here now anyways and she is smart enough to learn everything without having to go through an entire life to study business.' Just as Callen was agreeing internally to his plan Lulac Spoke to Gallahan.

"They are very brave." Gallahan lit up in pride hearing his father's words.

"Shan said the same." 

"Hmmm. Callen Lombardy and Florentia Lombardy. I am looking forward to what you will do in the future." 

"Auu" Florentia replied or rather tried to reply.

"Hahaha," Lulac laughed at his granddaughter trying to talk way too early. Callen was also smiling at her failed attempt.  Luluc looked at the two happy babies and said farewell to Gallahan after giving him some medicine for Shan and gifts for the children.

Gallahan came back and took the twins to his wife. They saw her asleep from being tired. 'Right, she was dying due to overusing her abilities before meeting our father. I can extend her life a little with the Vitality of Heart but it won't heal her completely.' Callen when lying near his mother touched her cheek with his small chubby hand and transferred some vitality. Due to this Shan opened her eyes and smiled at her baby.

Meanwhile, Tia and Gallahan, ' My wife/mom and son/brother are so cute/beautiful.'

Tia was looking at the scene that looked like it came out of a painting. They look like angels who descended on earth. From day one, Tia, Shan, and Gallahan were fools for the cute Callen. Of course, Callen was oblivious to all of this. 

Their days continued in bliss. Callen recorded all of his moments with his family. Their smiles, his sister's first words, the time she called him oppa, his parent's faces when he called them mama and papa, and their laughter. All of it was recorded in his mind forever.

Gallahan and Shan both knew about their children's intelligence. Callen was usually lazy but had a great memory and learned things quickly. Tia was a hard worker but also quick to learn new things and showed curiosity toward many things. Both of them taught their children reading and writing as they learned everything at a fast pace. Callen took up painting from his father. He watched Gallahan paint one day and asked him to teach Callen to do the same. Tia preferred playing with puzzles and listening to the piano her mother played. She would sometimes try to follow her mother but her short hands made her difficult to follow. She still enjoyed learning and tried playing anyway.

Callen would heal Shan whenever she looked tired. Of course, Shan knew what he was doing but she never mentioned it. It was almost two years when Shan called Callen to accompany her in the rocking chair. As he was sitting in her lap they could see Gallahan and Tia in the kitchen making cookies.

"My darling Cale. You know it's time to stop healing Mama now."

Cale was his nickname given by Shan. It was quite ironic how despite having a different name he was still called Cale. 

"I knewn." (Baby talk because they are not even two) Cale smiled a little without looking at Shan as his back was to her front. He kept gazing at his father and sister laughing in the kitchen. Shan smiled sadly at her son, whom she knew was special just like her daughter if not more. 

"Ther ill be sadt." Shan paused at what he said and looked towards the kitchen like Cale.

"I ill tow." She looked towards her son who was now facing her with a gentle smile and calm eyes. She smiled towards him trying to reassure him but Cale was faster.

"Itsh okay. I ill wook aphter thewm and you tow."

She looked surprised and then chuckled a bit.

"I am sure you will." She kissed his forehead.

"I ill meet you shoon. Dwon't wolly." He assured her, they would soon meet in his domain before storing her soul in the indestructible trees. He and his friends will watch over her just like the rest of his family.

"Will you tell me then?" Shan asked. She wanted to get to know more about her baby. What kind of life did he lead? Why had the future changed when he was born? And what kind of existence was he? She knew the future would change for the better and her daughter and husband no longer had to suffer the fate she should have in her first life. For that, she was eternally grateful.

"Yesh."

Soon Gallahan and Tia came with snacks as they played together. Their laughter filled the tranquil evening where only Shan and Cale knew about what's to come.