Thor

~~~Thor's pov~~~

A few hours after I had been thrown into the 'freaky circle' prison, I decided to say a few words for my father.

Kneeling towards the wall, my eyes closed, I began to feel the grief I had been putting off for the last day or so.

"Odin, I bid you take your place in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave shall live forever. Nor shall we mourn but rejoice for those who have died the glorious death." A second voice joined in at the end of the sentence, making me open my eyes to see my brother standing there.

Begrudgingly, I turned to face him and rested my back against the wall.

This should be good.

"Hurts, doesn't it? Being lied to. Being told you're one thing and then learning it's all a fiction."

His words provoked no other reaction than to throw a rock at him. Unsurprisingly, it went through him, meaning he was just an illusion.

"I couldn't really come to see you. It's not like I can access this place. I'm not even sure where this is located." He said with a shrug.

I remained silent, glaring at him.

"Could you please say something?" He sighed.

"Regarding our father who you let die? No. But I do need you to break me out of this place."

He nodded, gesturing for me to continue.

"Hela is on her way to Asgard. We can get out and stop her before she does more damage than she already has. We need to get to Asgard now." I explained, slightly relieved that he was agreeing to help me.

Kindness wasn't exactly my brother's best quality. Neither was sentiment, which is why this came as such a surprise.

He hesitated a moment before finally speaking up. "I'll help you get out, but I can't go with you back to Asgard."

And there's the classic Loki I know.

"Why?" I asked, not bothering to mask my annoyance and anger.

His answer just infuriated me more. "I need to get back to Earth."

I nodded with a grimace. "So you can get back to the woman who you chose to save over our father? The one whose life you deemed more important than his?"

I would never want Catherine to be hurt. She's Stark's daughter after all and a fellow Avenger on top of that. But if it was between her and our father, I would expect Loki to have better judgment than that.

What confused me was how angry he had become after I said that. "Thor, you don't have all the information-"

"What information..." I trailed off when I finally took notice of the ring on my brother's left hand.

You have got to be kidding me.

"No. You can't be serious." I ran a hand over my face as I took in this new detail. "You married her."

"Yes, about seven or so months ago. What of it?" He shrugged as if this was no big deal.

My brother was married! And I had no idea!

"You didn't tell me!" I practically exploded with disbelief.

He raised his hand to his chest in faux sincerity. "I'm sorry, you were a bit preoccupied with traveling the universe and I had no way to contact you."

I threw my hands in the air, exasperated. "Unbelievable! The next you'll tell me is that you have a child with her!"

Instead of denying my accusation, Loki suddenly became very interested in the floor, refusing to make eye contact. "Well..."

"What are you-" Then I connected the dots and a wave of guilt washed over me. "She... She's....."

And that's when my brother snapped, fed up with everything that I had said thus far. "Yes, Thor, she's pregnant, which is why I chose to save her life instead of Odin's! Not that it mattered, because minutes later, our sister impaled her shoulder with a spear! And before I could even attempt to see if she was okay, you called for the BiFrost, taking me away from her! So, I apologize if your feelings are hurt, but because of you, I'm here, stranded on a distant planet, instead of on Earth, where I should be, making sure that my wife and unborn daughter aren't dead or dying!" He yelled and the guilt I was experiencing increased tenfold.

There was a long silence before either of us spoke again.

He sighed dejectedly, now looking me in the eye. "I will help you get a ship to leave this cursed place and defeat Hela. But I won't be going with you. My priorities are quite different from yours at the moment. I can't get you out of here without blowing my cover, so you must beat the Grandmaster's Champion. I have faith you'll prove victorious. Best of luck, brother." And with that, his illusion faded, leaving me to think.

My brother got married. And he was going to have a daughter.

What in the Nine Realms did I miss?!

That's when my fellow prisoner, Korg, ran in and kicked the wall where Loki had been standing. "Piss off, ghost! He's freaking gone..."

I need to get out of here.

(A/N- Alrighty, so by my calculations... There are only 15 chapters of this book remaining! If you have managed to make it this far, congrats!!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

And before anyone panics, just know that there will be a sequel to the prequel, which is why the title of this book is, 'The Before [Prequel - Part 1]'. The Part 2 will include, you guessed it, BABY LINDAAAAAAA! 

Now, I have a question. Does anyone here know the lyrics to this bridge? PROVE IT-

sorry, that was the swiftie in me taking over. 😶i won't let her take over again, i swear. ...she can be scary.........

Anywho, the real question is, what would you guys like me to update next? This book or the sequel? Personally, I just want to get the Ragnarok and Infinity War chapters over with as soon as possible so that we can get to the good stuff, but I also really really really want to add more chapters to the sequel. 

The only problem is, I need to get to a certain part in Infinity War before I finish Ep. 2 of the sequel because there is a HUGE reference to something really important that happens later in Infinity War.

It's times like these that I wish I would've waited a little longer to publish the sequel... Like, after I finished Part 1 of the prequel. That probably would have been smart.)