The Sokovia Accords

~~~Catherine's pov~~~

I had been talking with my dad for well over an hour, explaining how Phil wasn't dead when we heard a loud thud.

We snapped our heads to the sound and saw the rest of the team standing there. Steve had dropped his shield resulting in the noise.

"Um, hey guys." I smiled and waved slightly.

"Thank God you're back!" Natasha was the first one to speak up and ran over to hug me.

Natasha Romanoff showing emotion? That's a first.

The next few minutes consisted of variations of these two questions:

"Why are you back? Did something happen?"

and

"Why were you gone so long? You could have at least called us."

"Sam, Pietro, and Wanda, I was only gone three months tops. And I didn't call because I was on an assignment. Steve and Nat, I am fine. Something did happen, but it wasn't anything too major. Did I answer everyone's questions?" I finally shut them up.

"Yeah, I think you covered them all." Sam nodded.

"Now, it's my turn. What's been going on with you guys? I know that Vent Spy retired, and Thor and Bruce are still MIA, but I don't think that's the full story, so spill." I sat back down on the comfy couch, waiting to hear everything.

They stayed silent.

I rolled my eyes. "If you don't answer, I'll look through your minds myself. Do you really want me to see everything that's happened since I left?"

Their eyes widened in fear, and quickly sat down.

Bingo.

~~~Tony's pov~~~

While they all were catching her up on Avenger life drama, I got a call, so I left the room to answer it.

The caller ID said Secretary Ross was calling.

Oh, boy...

~~~Catherine's pov~~~
~~~Three hour's later~~~

Wow. I really did miss a lot.

After hearing literal months worth of gossip, I went to my room to unpack.

Today has been a long day.

I was about to lie on my bed and get some rest when my phone started to ring.

"Ugh! What now?" I groaned, getting up again.

It was Phil.

Yeah, I kinda have to answer that.

"Catherine? Are you there?" His voice sounded panicked as I answered the call.

"I'm here, Phil. What's up?"

"What's up? What's up?! You disappeared!"

"No, I did not! I teleported. And I left you a note saying I went back to the compound!" I defended myself.

"What note?"

"The note I left on the bed where you last saw me. Did you really not see it? Some spy you are." I scoffed. This was not my fault.

There was silence on the other end of the call.

"Give me one second." He said and then muted himself.

I smirked and used my advanced Stark phone to remotely unmute him so I could hear what was going on.

"May, stand down! She's okay!" I heard him say quickly.