┉┈◈†𐌴𐍀◈┈┉

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Seeing Irotak with her own eyes blew away any expectations she might have had for an underground Daki city. She'd expected rocky dwellings crudely fashioned in a caveman sort of style, filled with citizens dressed to fit the theme in loin cloths and furs. But her Flintstones preconception was absolutely obliterated when she saw the vast cavern ahead of them.

The first thing to catch her eye was the giant red glowing crystals jutting out from the center of the colossal cave, bathing every surface in soft red light. Charlie could feel it just like how she felt the planet when she'd first laid eyes on it—though it was much stronger here. Surrounding the impressive crystalline cluster were magnificent structures made of rock and gemstones she assumed were houses. The architecture was breathtaking and clearly intricately planned out to not only be beautiful, but useful as well. Though separate and each unique, every building flowed together in unison and showed a level of advanced intelligence.

And the citizens of Irotak were wearing clothes. Not loincloths. Clothes.

Wrappings, tunics, pants, cloaks, coats, blouses—no shoes, but that was to be expected when you have lizard feet capped with big claws. Those ground grippers were meant to be free.

Charlie noticed everyone was dressed quite modestly and she couldn't help but take a glance at her own barely dressed alien with a raised brow. But it wasn't just Tük'hala who flirted with near nudity. The five that came down with them wore nothing but loincloths as well. Perhaps it was a warrior thing?

The group was walking towards the city and once they came into view of the citizens, curious chatter started to reach their ears. Some came closer, reaching out to touch the new creatures, but the aliens who carried them growled in warning.

A few glanced at Darling in Archie's arms and snickered, whispering to the Daki next to them who seemed to share in the amusement.

Archie noticed and only held his pet tighter in his protective embrace. But Darling didn't need protection. The wide, dead-eyed stare it gave the whispering Irotak citizens as they walked by silenced them with an uncomfortable shiver.

Charlie was taking in all the stunning architecture with her mouth open in awe. When she finally looked ahead of them she realized they were approaching a building much bigger than the others. She saw Daki in loincloths guarding the entrance.

Though she had initially been nervous to, she eventually took the time to really look at them—only to find their slitted eyes were already honed in on her. She shifted uncomfortably in Tük'hala's grasp, moving her gaze to a different Daki, then another, and another, until she realized the rest of them had the same fascination.

"Tük'hala, why are they all staring at me?" Charlie whispered to him, her eyes still darting through the forming crowd only to confirm their gaze was on her.

The Daki around them reacted with intrigue to the foreign language she spoke. Or maybe they whispered about her soft voice. She felt strongly self-conscious.

"I told you," he rasped as softly as his gravelly voice would allow. "You are very desirable to my kind. If I hadn't claimed you before we came, they would be coming after you. But they cannot take you now because they know you are mine."

The way his posture lifted and the way he walked with confidence in every powerful stride, she could plainly see how proud he was of claiming her. Practically gloating, even, from the taunting glance and smirk he gave those they passed by.

She smacked his chest in admonishment. "Don't look so proud of yourself. You forget I haven't forgiven you for that. Nor do I plan to."

He chuckled. "You'll forgive me as soon as you dissscover how good it feels to be mine."