Chapter 16 - The Agony of a Country from Another World

Start from the beginning

The Mirishial Empire was perceived to possess forces capable of competing against the Gra Valkas Empire. Mu and Japan were considered to be impossible to defeat them, though certain losses against them may be anticipated. In the event that either of them possesses more formidable forces than currently known, there is no need for debate on which poses the greater threat.

"Furthermore, there's speculation that the 0th Magic Fleet that was heavily promoted by Mirishial might have been a disguise to conceal their true strength."

"So, the Intelligence fell for the bait hook, line, and sinker."

The focus of the room shifted to the intelligence officials present.

"Is this a time for passing blame?" Lux's cold voice interjected, freezing the men. "You rely on the information provided by the Intelligence, yet claim no responsibility? If you're going to say such things now, you should have suspected a formidable enemy from the start."

He continued amidst an awkward silence.

"Have there been any significant updates?"

"Unfortunately..."

With that response, Lux fell silent, and Kurtz took over the conversation.

"Let's discuss our next steps."

In response, Xand Pastal spoke up.

"In the future, our priority will be to gradually diminish the enemy's strength. Specifically, we will avoid direct confrontation with the formidable Mirishial and focus on conquering other territories swiftly. This will enable us to concentrate our forces on the conflict against Mirishial in due course."

"You fool! Things won't go as smoothly as you think! Do you believe the enemy will patiently wait for our actions!?"

Kurtz shouted, to which Xand Pastal calmly replied.

"Of course, we anticipate enemy counterattacks, but we believe we are adequately prepared to counter them."

"Why do you say that?"

"Strangely enough, while Mirishial possesses formidable power, they seem to lack the desire to rule the world themselves. What they desire is to lead the world from a dominant position. Therefore, any counterattacks against us would likely be coordinated with other nations worldwide. Consequently, it will take considerable time for them to unify their intentions and concentrate their forces. During this period, our military will have sufficient time to prepare. To avoid repeating the failure at Cartalpas, we will mobilize our entire military force to defend against them."

"And you believe this strategy will lead to victory?"

Upon Lux's inquiry, Xand Pastal broke into a cold sweat.

"At present, there are many uncertainties, and I cannot assert anything with certainty."

Kurtz was visibly enraged, but Lux intervened to rein him in.

"However, it's undeniable that this will be a decisive battle for the survival of our nation. While I cannot assert victory, failing to overcome this would lead our nation to taste the savagery of Paganda's atrocities once again."

The room was filled with expressions of anguish and anger. The Kingdom of Paganda, which had executed a member of the imperial family, had aroused the Gra Valkas Empire's rage. This incident was remembered bitterly even by Lux.

'We must not allow our citizens to become prey for the indigenous people again... This is a world of savages where such atrocities are tolerated. We must do everything in our power to bring it under our dominion and prevent another tragedy from happening again.'