Chapter 15 - Regret Comes Too Late

How to introduce the system is often the most difficult part.

- Ishiwara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 10 Month 9 Year 1640 Central Calendar

The international organizations "League of Nations" and "Japanese-Parpaldian War Reconstruction Fund" were established in Tokyo. On the same day, most of the countries of the Third Civilization Area joined the League of Nations.

Day 10 Month 10

The Kingdom of Fenn joined the League of Nations.

Day 1 Month 11

The Kingdom of Riem joined the League of Nations.

Day 20 Month 12

Mu applies for admission to the League of Nations.

Day 29 Month 1 Year 1641 Central Calendar

The Japanese-Parpaldian War Reconstruction Fund was dissolved and restructured as the "International Development Bank." Later, the member countries of the League of Nations joined.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1 Month 5 Year 1642 Central Calendar

Castle Albion is the heart of the Holy Mirishial Empire, the host of the Eleven Countries Leadership Conference. Having safely navigated the event, this place, which was supposed to be the next stage greatly influencing the world situation, was shrouded in a heavy atmosphere.

"Let's dare to ask. For what purpose do you hold your current positions and involve yourselves in the heart of the nation?"

Emperor Mirishial VIII, seated at the head, glared at the assembled subjects lined up before him. However, no one dared to leap into the fire themselves.

"...Peclas, I dare you to answer."

As the one named, Peclas stood up like a dead man.

"T-to protect the nation and its citizens from threats, pursue national interests, and strengthen the country."

"RIDICULOUS!"

The emperor's roar interrupted Peclas' words.

"Such things are the same in any country! Do you forget the obligations our empire bears? Are you still a minister even after forgetting that!?"

To lead the world in preparation for the eventual return of the Sorcerous Empire. This was the duty inherent in the Holy Mirishial Empire, which had analyzed the legacy of the Sorcerous Empire across generations and emerged as a prominent power in the world. However, becoming exceptionally strong had now backfired.

Two newly emerging nations suddenly appeared. The Gra Valkas Empire and Japan had overthrown Leifor and the Parpaldia Empire, two of the five great powers that had stood at the top of the world and maintained order, and then rapidly asserted their presence. Considering them eligible for participation in the Eleven Countries Leadership Conference, the Mirishial Empire invited both nations to the conference. However, they now regretted their decision.

The Gra Valkas Empire insulted the entire world at the conference and declared war, even launching an attack on the conference venue, Cartalpas. Originally, it should have been ridiculed as a foolish act of ignorance of one's place in the world, but the world's strongest 0th Magic Fleet ended up annihilated, and the forces defending Cartalpas were wiped out as well. This alone would have been a significant event shaking the world, but Japan dealt another blow. Their escorting fleet single-handedly defeated the incoming Gra Valkan fleet that even Mirishial could not match and even captured battleships and aircraft carriers. Among them was the Grade Atlastar that had destroyed Leifor single-handedly and made a name for itself.