Chapter 12 - Battle of the Folk Strait 2

Sorry for the long pause.

- Ishiwara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 24 Month 4 Year 1642 Central Calendar

Despite the Mirishial Empire's request for the diplomats to evacuate for the sake of securing safety, it ended in a deadlock due to resistance from various countries.

The following day, due to a very strong request from the Mirishial Empire, the evacuation of diplomats was accepted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gra Valkas Empire's Grade Atlastar

"Enemy fleet in sight, leading with 8 cruisers! Appears to be Mirishial ships!"

A report came in from the lookout on the bridge.

"We somehow made it in time..." murmured Luxtal, the Grade Atlastar's commanding officer.

The current location is 35 kilometers to the Folk Strait.

"Actually seeing that they can reach such a distant place with artillery... I can't help but admire the Empire's technological prowess," remarked Cielia, standing next to Luxtal.

"Lady Cielia, the purpose of this battle is to showcase our country's overwhelming power to the world, correct?"

"Exactly. The native countries who claim to be civilized or great powers believe themselves invincible. Through this battle, we will show them that it's nothing but an illusion and make them bow to our Empire."

This battle, unlike before, reeked afoul of propaganda. On this occasion where major nations gather, by gathering their forces and crushing them, they can clearly demonstrate the difference in power and smoothly advance their conquest activities. As part of this, the Grade Atlastar WILL single-handedly blockade the Folk Strait and annihilate fleets attempting to escape.

"But still, it was quite a strange sight."

Cielia reminisced about the scene she saw in the port of Cartalpas, inadvertently smiling.

"Just because they can build sailboats, they are treated as powerful nations. The low level of civilization in this world is truly ridiculous."

"The fleet approaching consists of Mirishial, Mu, and Japan in the lead, the others are left behind," Luxtal responded while scanning the strait with binoculars.

In response, laughter filled the bridge.

Amidst the relaxed situation, Luxtal suddenly tensed.

"Lady Cieria, I apologize, but please evacuate to the conning tower."

"What's the sudden urgency? Are you implying that this Grade Atlastar will be damaged?"

Cielia recognized that due to the low technological level of this world, the myth of the Grade Atlastar's invincibility was partially established.

"No matter where it is, the battlefield is always a place where lives are at stake. This Grade Atlastar is no exception. As someone responsible for your safety, I would like you to move to the safest place here."

"I see. It wouldn't be fair to burden you unjustly. However, speaking from the standpoint of a diplomat, the significance of this battle lies in propaganda. I would like detailed records of the battle for future diplomacy."

"Don't worry, we'll take care of that too. Guide Lady Cielia to the conning tower!"

'What an obedient and helpful girl.'