Chapter 14 - Second Half

I managed to get it into shape. It is difficult to tell a story involving multiple countries...

- Ishiwara

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 25 Month 4 Year 1642 Central Calendar

A liaison plane from the Eastern Expeditionary Fleet ran out of fuel and crash-landed 2.000 km west of the Magdola Archipelago. A distress call was sent out in advance, and the plane was rescued by a submarine operating in the vicinity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 27 Month 4

"Wow... Did those guys from Gra Valkas really manage to have such an impressive fleet!"

"Still, it was the Japanese fleet that took them down... They might look weak, but they're a bunch of formidable folks."

At the surveillance post set up at the entrance of the Folk Strait, one could see the triumphant Japanese fleet and the captured Gra Valkan ships being towed. Among the ships that survived the naval battle and were captured were four battleships, including the Grade Atlastar, and two aircraft carriers that were not targeted in the initial assault. After rescuing drifting survivors from the sunken ships, all crew members became prisoners of war.

To prevent any unforeseen events, helicopters equipped with machine guns were constantly circling overhead, with even wyverns stationed further up. Furthermore, the diplomatic delegation that participated in the fleet staff meeting has been transferred to the Aoba, where various interrogations are being conducted.

"I wonder if they'll hand over that ship to our country?"

"Well... had it any other nation, they might hand it over right away, but this is Japan we're talking about, right?"

"Yeah..."

Having witnessed the battle firsthand, they understood that Japan's power surpassed even Mirishial, and they were aware that their homeland's position was wavering. Meanwhile, the citizens of Cartalpas, unaware of this, continued cheerfully discussing how the Mirishial Empire was secure while sipping their drinks.

"Well, even if we report something like this, no one will believe us, huh..."

"Yeah, probably. Rather than being treated as lunatics, maybe we should just keep our mouths shut."

. . .

Cartalpas

The Cartalpas Imperial Cultural Center was once again bustling with activity.

No, it wasn't just bustling; one could even say it was ablaze with excitement.

Five days ago, they witnessed the arrival of the Grade Atlastar in the harbor, and although they spoke bravely three days ago, inwardly, they were filled with unease.

One's country lacks the technology to construct such massive vessels. The power that single-handedly destroyed Leifor was undeniable. How far could they resist?

Just as they were pondering this, the news of victory arrived.

It was a report delivered under the immense pressure of representing a nation while having their dignity trampled upon. Suppressing the urge to jump for joy, they vented their feelings through diplomatic conversations.

"My, my, the Grade Atlastar was indeed an impressive ship, but it was ultimately from a civilization on the periphery. It wasn't really suitable for this gathering of the world's major powers, was it?"