17. | bob

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

✧.* ┊SPARKS FLY ┊✧.*
💥. *. ⋆ — act two. possessed

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN — ❝ and splash ❞

AARON HAD LISTENED TO the banter of everyone for the last five minutes, his patience running extremely thin

AARON HAD LISTENED TO the banter of everyone for the last five minutes, his patience running extremely thin. He was rubbing his forehead, trying to get rid of his growing headache when Nancy broke away from the group.

"The power's back," she noted, her eyes on the large building.

Everyone shut up and turned to look if she was right, which she was. They then ran all the way to the gate, trying to find a way inside. Jonathan was the first one to reach the small hut next to the gate and run inside it. He began pressing the big button, repeating the motion many times as it didn't seem to work. Aaron stayed with the rest of the group outside, staring at the closed gate and the building behind it.

"I don't know, man. I don't think it's working," Aaron shrugged and looked at Jonathan, who looked like he was getting ready to strangle him.

Dustin then turned to face the small security shed. "Let me try," he said and walked inside, pushing Jonathan to the side.

"Hang on-" the teenager tried to protest, but Dustin was persistent.

"Let me try, Jonathan!" He shoved the older boy behind him and began pressing the button with more force. Aaron watched with a scrunched up face as his brother kept pressing the button over and over again, probably close to breaking it.

"Son of a bitch! You know what, bitch, you know what?" Dustin cursed to himself, as he started pressing random buttons, trying to see if anything would happen.

"Dustin, stop it! What if you do something that's going to make things worse?" Aaron yelled at his brother, who ignored his presence and kept doing whatever he thought was helping. The older brother sighed and looked away from Dustin, feeling the pit inside his stomach grow, making him feel worse. In times like these, he missed Maisie like crazy. She'd be calm and helpful, and she'd make him feel better. She always made him feel better. Calmer. Fuck, did he need her right now.