12. | great. awesome. cool.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

✧.* ┊SPARKS FLY ┊✧.*
💥. *. ⋆ — act two. possessed

CHAPTER TWELVE — ❝ kids sit in the back ❞

"IS THIS WHERE YOU SAW HOPPER?"

Maisie watched her mother ask Will, who had just drawn another picture in a haze. Her brows were furrowed in concern as she watched her brother sit silently, his eyes unfocused. Something wasn't right with Will, she was sure of it.

"I think so, yeah." Will's voice was dull, as if he couldn't care less about the man. Maisie looked at him, confused.

"Okay," Joyce sighed as she, Maisie and Mike turned around to see where the picture would fit. They walked around, trying to find the place, going from Will's bedroom, to wandering around the house, until finally they found it's place in the kitchen.

The three looked at the spot, and Maisie started to look around at all the other vines, seeing if maybe she could recognize something. She sighed when her brain came up empty, not seeing anything familiar.

"Okay, so... Hopper is here?" Joyce asked as she held the picture up against the fridge.

"Yeah. Now we just need to find out where here is, right?" Mike pointed at the picture and looked to Joyce, who seemed to not really pat attention to the boy.

"Right."

"Did he say anything? I mean, before he left?" Mike asked.

"Vines," Maisie said as she yawned from next to Mike, who turned to look at her, confused.

"What?"

"Uh, some... something about vines?" Joyce guessed from her spot on the ground.

All three heads turned to their front door when they heard a car approaching. They quickly walked to the living room in case Hopper had made it out by himself, but they all felt a tiny tinge of disappointment when they saw Bob getting out of the car.