13. | letter

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

✧.* ┊SPARKS FLY ┊✧.*
💥. *. ⋆ — act two. possessed

CHAPTER THIRTEEN — ❝ that's what she said ❞

"TURN RIGHT."

Everyone turned to look at Will.

"What?" Joyce asked.

"I saw him."

"Where?" the woman started looking outside the window, seeing if she could spot the Chief.

"Not here. In my now-memories." Will explained.

Bob looked back to take a look at the boy. "In your what?"

"Turn right!" Will yelled, and all three kids swayed to the left as Joyce made the sharp turn.

They screamed as they drove through a block of hay, and Maisie gripped the hande above the car window as hard as she could, making her knuckles turn white. The car came to a sudden stop right before they could hit Hopper's car, and Joyce quickly turned back to check on the three kids, who were all about to have heart attacks.

"Are you guys okay?" she asked worriedly.

Maisie and Mike made eyecontact behind Will's slightly bent figure.

"Superspy," they said at the same time, expressions of awe on their faces.

Bob took a better look at the place they ended up at, noticing the car that was parked in front of them. "What's Jim doing here?" he looked at Joyce, waiting for an answer. "Joyce?"

The woman in question only looked to the backseat as she opened the car door. "Guys, I need you to stay here."

"What?" Maisie looked up at her mother, her heart beginning to pound faster at the thought of her mother going down there to rescue the chief alone.

"No. Mom, mom, mom, it's not safe." Will also looked up at Joyce, but while he was also scared, his voice sounded different. Almost like he knew somehow that it wasn't safe.