5. | funeral

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

✧.* ┊SPARKS FLY ┊✧.*
💥. *. ⋆ — act one. missing

CHAPTER FIVE — ❝ i'm on the pill

CHAPTER FIVE ❝ i'm on the pill. ❞

MAISIE DID NOT sleep at all that night

She had told Aaron that she was fine sleeping in the same bed as him, but he had slept on their couch anyway, leaving her all alone in his room. And even though she hated being alone, she was glad he'd left her alone in her time of mourning.

She sat on his bed and cried the entire night. She only stopped crying at around 4 am and took a curious look around Aaron's room to see if anything had changed. But when she saw a drawing that Will had drawn for Aaron hanging on his wall, she had started crying again. Her being alone in his room meant that she was alone with her thoughts.

The thoughts that only circled around Will.

All she could think about was her brother and how she wasn't there for him. Her sweet younger brother, who was ever nothing but kind. Will, who had used all of his savings for her 15th birthday, just to buy her a Queen record she'd been talking about for months, but couldn't afford herself. Will, who had skipped school for the first (and only) time to go with her to the arcade when she was having a bad day. Her rock, the only thing keeping her sane in this insane world, was gone. Dead, forever.

Maisie hadn't even noticed the sun rising before it hit her straight in the eyes through Aaron's window, making her wince. She had kept her eyes on Aaron's guitar for a few hours now, it was blue, but the inside was white. It was the one she gifted him on his sixteenth-birhday. Before they stopped talking. Aaron had played some songs for her in the past, back when they were kids and when she got him the guitar. She loved watching him play. Seeing him so peaceful, doing something he loved.

Her dried up cheeks felt damp against one of his pillows. She wiggled around in his bed, trying to get comfortable as she snuggled up with another pillow. She closed her eyes as she finally felt the sleep coming in, but they opened back up when Dustin loudly barged into the room.