14. | cow meat

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

✧.* ┊SPARKS FLY ┊✧.*
💥. *. ⋆ — act two. possessed

CHAPTER FOURTEEN — ❝ key word; liked ❞

THE TWO BOYS MADE THEIR WAY DOWNSTAIRS, moving as slow and quietly as possible

THE TWO BOYS MADE THEIR WAY DOWNSTAIRS, moving as slow and quietly as possible. The only source of light came from Steve's flashlight, which Aaron kept saying he kept pointing in the wrong direction. His frustration was at it's peak when he redirected the light for the fifth time, making Steve roll his eyes and slap the boy's hand away from his flashlight.

Aaron pulled the string coming from the ceiling, lighting up the room in dim lighting. They looked around the space for a few seconds before the brunette looked to the ground and grimaced. He took a better hold of his bat and lifted the slimy skin of the so-called lizard.

"That's disgusting," Aaron muttered, as Steve inspected the thing with furrowed eyebrows.

The brunette soon got distracted and looked at something behind the Henderson boy. Steve nudged him in the ribs as if to tell him to turn around, and when he did, Aaron's stomach dropped and his lips lifted into a grimace.

"Aaron? Steve?" Dustin called from above, getting their attention off the wall. "What's going down there?" he asked right before Steve flashed the flashlight in his eyes, making the boy jump back.

"Get down here."

Aaron stood by the tunnel wall, leaning against it with crossed arms, as Dustin joined the two boys. "Oh shit," the youngest boy cursed at the loose slimy skin hanging from Steve's bat. The brunette then pointed his flashlight towards the wall, directing Dustin's attention to it.

"Oh shit!"

"Shit is right, Tin-man," Aaron mumbled from the side, the machete safely tucked into his loose jeans.

The three crouched over to properly look inside, and as they saw the length of the tunnel, all of their eyes widened.

"No way," Dustin breathed out. "No way."