Chapter 7 - Leah

"Or their energy levels are depleted, and they are in desperate need of sexual stimulation. When that happens, sex demons will make themselves known in clubs, parties, and anywhere a large group of people are. Each city has a building created by the sex demons for this duration. It's a safe place for supers to explore heightened pleasure with their mates without an audience. There's no shame or ridicule towards the mated pairs who enter the building. I'd say supers are honored to be selected to visit such a place. From what I hear, the orgasms a sex demon draws out from the pair are unlike anything they've ever experienced. To the point you can only enter a sex demon's domain once a month."

Shock courses through me. "Does that mean if I orgasm with Damon nearby, I'll be addicted to him? What does that entail? I'm assuming I'm the one he wishes to spend the rest of his life with? Does that mean something different will occur than those buildings?"

A finger draws a line down my shoulder. Damon's hand slides across mine, entwining together. He lifts my fork, bringing a slice of meat to my mouth. I accept it without complaining. He clearly wants me to eat while Irel speaks. The rumbles my stomach has been giving finally got to him. I smile around the juicy meat, thinking how caring this sex demon is to me.

Irel takes another sip of the amber liquid as her eyes examine how my hand moves. She knows it's not my doing. Smirking, the tension in her body relaxes. "You have nothing to fear, Leah. Damon isn't here for an orgy or to draw you into one of his buildings."

"His building," I say around a piece of what I can only imagine is a vegetable.

She nods. "This house has never been occupied by anyone other than His Royal Highness, the King of the Sex Demons. No one knows his true name. He will only ever whisper it to his bride on their wedding day. It's never to be spoken again."

"Why?" I mumble, swallowing.

"It holds power over him, which is why only his mate knows it. Since your souls will be bonded for eternity, you will have access to his power if you complete the demon mating ritual. You will be his equal, Leah. Everything he can do, you will do. It's how demons' life forces work."

Nodding in understanding, I continue to eat the food Damon feeds me. An odd sensation tells me to let go of the fork, and I do. He takes control, not giving me a chance to go hungry.

Emotions I haven't felt since the beginning of my relationship with Derrek rise up and choke me. Tears blur my eyes. The soft brush of his thumb against my cheek has me leaning into his palm.

How can this super want me? Does he only want me for this mate bond? Is that real love or forced love?

"You've given him the name Damon. It called to you. From this moment on, when you introduce him, you will do so with that name. It is how king sex demons have operated when they've located their soulmate." She takes another sip, then downs the rest. The amber liquid fills back up instantly. Damon doesn't stop feeding me. The man is talented in more ways than I know, which isn't a lot since we just met.

"Do you know why he is invisible and untouchable? I can feel his caresses, his lips against my skin, and yet, when I go to touch him, there's nothing there. Just air," I say after sipping a new drink. This one is a tea. It reminds me of my favorite spiced chi tea back on earth. The spice has a bit more kick once it slides down the throat.

Before Irel can begin speaking, I hold my finger up. "Hold that answer." I look to where I believe Damon is standing. Sitting? I'm not sure as there is no chair. "This drink reminds me of my favorite spiced chi tea. Derrek hated the smell of it, so I could only get it when I was out shopping. So, thank you for either being a stalker or..."

"Or?" Irel asks softly. She doesn't show an ounce of anger toward Damon for stalking me. I've been told it's normal when mates aren't bonded yet. Jealousy, possessiveness, and anger quickly occur when another is encroaching.

"You were watching me on earth, weren't you? That's how I escaped without anyone catching me. No alarms went off, and no guards chased after me. I bet you took care of the guards in the back alley, didn't you?"

Damon sets the fork down gently on the plate. He doesn't lift the yellow fruit or the napkin. Minutes tick by, and he does nothing.

Irel finishes chewing. She is more proper than I am regarding food and talking. "Sex demons can travel to earth if they sense their soulmate is there. Or so I've heard. If Damon traveled to you only to see what Derrek was doing, he'd have set into motion your escape. Humans and supers can't detect sex demons unless they want to be noticed. I didn't know he was in the room yesterday until the painting fell.

"You would have called out to him if you were in danger. Something within you knew Derrek wasn't the man you loved. Damon zapped to you, watched, and plotted your escape.

"It's why his house came on the market the day you arrived on Catier. He knew you would need a place to stay for cheap." Shaking her head, she chuckles. "I knew there was a catch. None of the offers we got these past two weeks for this place stood a chance. You were always going to be the owner of this house since it belongs to your man." Snorting, she slaps her knee. "Definitely didn't see that coming. I guess it's a good thing I came over today to explain how things work between mates and their possessions."

The fork on my plate is lifted and pressed to my lips. I raise my brow at where I believe Damon is. "I'm not going to forget about what you saw, Damon. If you can ever talk to me, I want to know what you did." I'd poke him if I could. Instead, I open my mouth and let him feed me.