XX. His Fingers

Beginne am Anfang

"Yes! We should-" Hideko's as cut off by Tanaka and Noya.

"Swimming?!"

"Where are you going swimming with Moniwa, Hideko-chan?" Suga asked as he looks at Daichi.

Hideko turned back to her team, rubbing her hands together.

"Here. I was planning on having us swim to mark the end of the first half of the training camp. I haven't told anyone yet because I wanted it to be a surprise-"

"Hideko-chan!" Tanaka and Noya ran towards her, ready to jump at her but was pulled back by Daichi and Ennoshita.

"Knock it off, you two." Daichi yelled at them before smiling towards Hideko.

"That will be great, Hideko-chan." Daichi said as the other boys agreed.

"Why with him?" Tsukishima asked as he raised his brows towards the 3 Date Tech players, standing in front of them.

"Ohh. Well, you see, Moniwa-san and I saw the pool when we were walking around together-"

"Maybe because she likes spending time with him instead of you guys. Not like I blame her or anything. Our team is-" Futakuchi stopped mid sentence when Moniwa slapped the back of his neck.

"She wanted to swim. So why not? That's basically it." Koganegawa said as he looks at his captain and Hideko while nodding his head.

"I'm in!" Koganegawa, Tanaka and Noya yelled at the same time.

Peep!

"Alright. Liven up boys. We will now start on our afternoon matches!" The coaches entered the gym as they looked over at Moniwa, Futakuchi and Koganegawa at Karasuno's side.

Good. They're making friends.
•••

"Coach, I'll be going to the other gym. If that's alright with you." Hideko said as her brother and Takeda walked towards their team.

Coach?

"You're going to help on the other teams?" Keishin asked.

"Yes. That's my plan but only if you allow me to." Hideko smiled towards her brother.

"Eh?"
"Of course. Why wouldn't we Hideko-chan?" Takeda answered.

"You did say on the first day that you'll help around. The other coaches already agreed before. I'm sure they'll appreciate the help." Takeda smiled.

"Alright. I'll be on my way. Thanks coach. Thank you sensei. The water bottles are set including the towels. I'll also leave the notebook in case any of you would want to add on something, I'll be sure to check it out later." She turned to face her friends and gave them a tight smile and a small wave.

"I'll go now, guys. Play well." She turned around without waiting for any reply and walked out the gym.

•••
"She left." Asahi whispered to himself.

"She actually left." Suga mumbled as he stares at the closed door.

Hinata balled his fists at his side and breathed in deep.

One step. Two steps. Then he full on sprint out the gym, running after their manager.

His friend.

"Hinata!?" Their coach and his friends yelled after him.

Peep!

"Everyone, don't mind him. I'll talk to him later on. For now, focus on the game!" Keishin said with his hands on his waist.