CHAPTER SEVEN.

Christabel's POV.

I woke up and prepared myself for the day ahead. As I descended the stairs, I found my mother engrossed in her iPad in the living room.

"Good morning, Mum," I greeted her.

"Good morning, dear. How's school?" she asked, just as her phone began to ring.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see your calls. Yes, we're one of the best companies here, and we won't let you down. Okay, I'll be on my way, really," she spoke hurriedly into the phone, leaving me to continue my morning routine alone.

After breakfast, I headed to the car, greeted the driver, and settled in. The drive started smoothly, and I admired the beautiful houses and streets of my estate. Soon, however, we came to a halt on a busy road, surrounded by vendors, students, and bustling traffic.

I retrieved my headphones from my bag and tuned into music. After a while, I realized the car had stopped moving. Had we arrived at school already?

Taking off my headphones, I saw the driver outside, inspecting the engine. Worried about being late for school, I inquired about the situation.

"I think there's something wrong with the engine," the driver explained.

Concerned, I attempted to call my mum for assistance, but she didn't pick up.

"How am I going to make it to school?" I muttered in frustration.

The driver suggested finding a taxi, but I knew it would be difficult on that busy road. Determined, I decided to try anyway, grabbing my backpack and stepping out of the car.

A bright red car pulled up unexpectedly. Was this a taxi? To my surprise, the window rolled down, revealing Daniel, the last person I expected to see.

"I'll drop you at school," he offered.

"I can get a taxi," I insisted.

"You're almost late. Let me help you out; it's not like I'm a stranger," Daniel reasoned, leaving me little choice but to accept his offer.

The ride to school was quiet and slightly awkward. Upon arrival, I struggled with the car door, and my skirt got caught. Daniel quickly helped, his gaze meeting mine briefly as he freed my skirt.

"Done," he said, breaking the silence.

"Sorry... umm, thank you," I stammered, feeling flustered as I hurried out of the car.

****

Daniel's POV:

Walking to class, I met Amara.

“Hey,” she greeted with a smile, and I greeted her back.

“What's up with Benjamin and Natasha?” Amara asked.

“You know who Benjamin is already,” I replied, and Amara laughed.

“And we know who Natasha is,” Amara added, causing me to laugh.