CHAPTER FIVE.

Christabel's POV

The video of Belinda pouring water on me found its way onto the school website called Miss Latest, a platform created by a fellow student. It was filled with all the juicy gossip and happenings around school. There were a lot of negative comments about me, with some directing their anger towards Belinda.

I closed my laptop in frustration and headed downstairs to the kitchen, where I found Blessing cooking up a storm.

"Nice food," I complimented her.

"Thanks," Blessing replied, covering a pot emitting the delicious aroma of egusi soup.

I noticed a large flask nearby and opened it out of curiosity. It was filled with several wraps of fufu and Eba in a white nylon bag.

"What's all this for?" I asked, closing the flask again.

"Well, your parents are coming home this evening, and your mum requested this," Blessing explained.

They hadn't even bothered to inform me. I served myself some rice, stew, meat, and a piece of fried fish, then sat at the kitchen island.

Blessing gave me a concerned look. "Aren't you joining your parents for dinner?" she asked, to which I shook my head.

"They didn't bother telling me they were coming back home today," I grumbled as I took a spoonful of rice.

Blessing shook her head in sympathy and went back to washing the dishes.

(An image of Christabel)

****

The next morning arrived, and I didn't feel like going to school. My name was now plastered on the school blogging website, which meant everyone would either laugh at me, say nasty things, or give me pitying looks.

Nevertheless, I dragged myself to school. I planned to skip class and later ask Shola, the school head girl and assistant class captain, for notes on what I missed.

Shola was the only person I felt comfortable talking to, especially about school matters and things I didn't understand.

After dressing up, I headed to the dining room, surprised to find my parents having breakfast.

"Good morning," I greeted them, pulling out a chair to sit.

"Morning," they both replied, focused on their meals.

"How's school?" my dad inquired.

"Good," I replied, keeping it simple.

"And why didn't you join us for dinner last night?" my mum questioned.

"I was feeling very tired and sleepy," I lied smoothly.

"Sorry for missing your birthday celebration. I had an important meeting," my dad apologized.

"More important than your daughter," I thought to myself but said nothing.

"Did you receive the parcel I sent as your birthday gift?" my dad asked, catching me off guard.

"What parcel?" I asked, genuinely surprised.

My dad's expression shifted, and he looked at my mum, who seemed to realize something had gone wrong.

"Eugenia, you didn't send the parcel I bought for our daughter?" my dad's tone was firm, bordering on anger.

"Oh,I forgot," my mum admitted sheepishly.

"What!" My dad's anger was palpable.

"Stop overreacting, Phillip. It's just a parcel," my mum tried to downplay the situation.

"Just a parcel, Eugenia? I bought diamond earrings in Paris and converted them to naira. It's worth 1.2 million naira," my dad thundered, his frustration evident.

"You are the worst wife and mother. You can't even fulfill basic duties," my dad's disappointment cut through the room.

"We shouldn't discuss this in front of our daughter," my mum protested, her own anger rising.

"There's no more hiding. You are a disgrace to womanhood," my dad concluded, storming out of the dining room.

My mum, now in tears, also left the room, leaving me feeling heavy with the weight of their constant quarrels. I wondered why my life seemed so different from everyone else's.

🐾
🐾
🐾

Hi😜,how do you feel about this chapter?

What do you think about christabel's parents and who's at fault?.

Also, have anything ever happened in school concerning you that will make you want to skip school or class?

Lastly,what do you think about christabel's image.