Chapter 15 - Magic

Silver POV

I can't help but smirk as Cillian turns beetroot red. As soon as I heard that the Alpha needed to speak to one of our coven, I insisted on coming, mainly just to watch him squirm. I also knew that he'd want to talk about the vampire attack and I didn't want any of the goody two shoes witches, giving the game away before the plan went to completion.
He's aged quite well in the last twenty years, the silver hairs peppering his head make him look quite distinguished. He was good in bed, I'll give him that. Mind you, most wolves are, it's all that pent up energy and animalistic tendencies. But out of all the alphas I've fucked (and trust me there's been a few) Cillian was one of the better ones. Even though he's already cursed now, I might let him fuck me again whilst we work together. Just for old times sake and to screw with his wife. The more trouble I can make for him the better.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I ask him, biting my lip and looking up at him through my lashes.
He stares at my teeth and looks visibly flustered for a moment. Flirting with him is going to be so much fun.
He clears his throat and replies
"I'm sure you've heard that we had a vampire attack last night, I need to
know how the vampires managed to get into and out of our territory"
"Could they have come through the border?"
"No, this was the centre of the city and the witnesses are describing them vanishing into thin air as though they shimmered away"
"They probably did" I say, twirling a strand of hair around on my finger. Of course, I know exactly how the vampires got in and out of this pack, I helped them.
"They are anti shimmer charms on all of our borders"
"There are... but it stops vampires from shimmering in, it doesn't stop them from shimmering out. Once they enter the territory they can shimmer away" I glance up in time to see his nostrils flare as he slams his hand down on his desk.
"WHAT? Your coven was supposed put charms on our border to stop them" he bellows, his eyes turning black.
He's so cute when he's trying to act all tough. I sigh and stand up, walking over to him, I place my hands on his shoulders and start to gently rub them.
"You need to calm down Cillian" I coo "we did place charms on the borders, vampires can't get IN. It's much more complicated magic to stop them shimmering altogether, it would've taken too long and we needed to stop them quickly".
He doesn't relax at all under my touch, but he doesn't shove me off either. I smile inwardly, he still wants me, I can feel it.
He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose.
"That needs to be corrected. I don't want them shimmering at all, it meant they could escape after attacking Ana"
"You must be so worried about her" I say, stroking his arm and yet again, he doesn't stop me.
"It doesn't explain how they got in though, even if they managed to get through the charms on the border, it doesn't explain how they got to the centre of the city undetected"
"You need to take me to where the attack happened, then I can check for any magic used".
So we end up in his car and as he drives, I run my hand up and down his thigh. His hands tighten on the wheel and I smirk to myself. Men are so easy to get riled up.

As we pull into the park, I notice that it's still sealed off with police tape and there are several wolves patrolling the area, just in case another vampire pops up. Cillian lifts the police tape up for me and I try not to stride in the direction of the attack, I need to make sure I look as clueless and as innocent as possible.
"The vampire's appeared as they rounded this corner" he gestures, his hands pointing towards the spot.
I make a show of crouching down on the floor and snapping off some grass, which I bring to my nose.
"Hmm, I can't smell any potions. They tend to linger for a while after use".
I take a few steps forward and lick my finger, lifting it into the air and crinkling my brow.
"The temperature of the air feels steady, so it's unlikely to be demons at work".
I notice several wolves have stopped to watch me now. The thing with lying is that you have to make sure it's believable. If Cillian decides to get another witch involved in this, I need to make sure that I haven't told him something so obviously wrong that I'd be discovered straight away. Lies need to be half truths. So when I wave my hands in the air and highlight the portal charm that's been used to bring the vampires into the city. I make it abundantly clear that it's been freshly created, not that it's been there for the last twenty years, waiting for someone to use it.
As I lower my hands, the golden ring disappears and I look at Cillian, who is staring at me dumbfounded.
"I can close this, to stop them coming through it again, but you need to find out who summoned it in the first place. Someone would've had to stand right here to make it in the last few days" I say and then turn and walk back to the car. I wonder how many people who have innocently walked through this park in the last week are going to be dragged in front of the Alpha for questioning? Hilarious.