chp10

As Zeus sought solace with Ganymede, the days passed with a growing bond of trust and comfort between them. Ganymede's calm and non-judgmental demeanor allowed Zeus to confide in him freely, sharing even the darkest and most troubling aspects of his past. On this particular day, as Ganymede gently played with Zeus's blonde locks and the god leaned into his lap, Zeus recounted a significant memory of his confrontation with his father, Cronus, and the subsequent fate of Metis, his first wife.

"As I struck the last blow," Zeus began, his voice carrying the weight of memory, "my father mocked me with a prophecy—that my own son, born from Metis, would one day dethrone me, just as I had done to him."

Ganymede, unperturbed as always, responded with his usual apathetic tone but with a pointed question. "So, you brought me here as a replacement for her? I don't mind, but it might cause you pain if you attach too much importance to my purple eyes."

Zeus's response was heartfelt and sincere. "No, not anymore. I truly love you, Ganymede, not just for your eyes. You accept and understand me like no one else. I don't want to lose you."

Ganymede, playfully pinching Zeus's nose, responded casually, "Why, thank you."

Their conversation was interrupted by Zeus's sudden onset of intense pain, compelling him to make a peculiar request of Ganymede. Zeus handed him an axe that materialized out of thin air and asked Ganymede to strike his head, claiming there was a living thing causing him distress.

Though startled, Ganymede quickly understood Zeus's intent and positioned himself above Zeus's chest. With a swift strike, a blinding light filled the room as Zeus reacted to the pain, causing Ganymede to fall into his lap in a suggestive position.

Unbeknownst to them, a young girl clad in silver armor had appeared at the doorway. With pale blonde hair and purple eyes akin to Ganymede's, she introduced herself as Athena, the goddess of wisdom, strategy, and war.

"Greetings, fathers!" Athena greeted them, her curiosity piqued by the scene before her. As the trio faced this unexpected development, the dynamics of their divine family seemed poised for further exploration and revelation.

Zeus's realization that Athena was indeed the child of Metis and not just a living being in his head stirred a mix of emotions within him—regret for the deception of his father and joy for the daughter he now embraced. Feeling downcast, Zeus found comfort in Ganymede's touch, the young man's intuitive understanding a source of solace in such a moment.

As Zeus contemplated his next move, an idea sparked in his mind—a surprise for Ganymede. Keeping it to himself, Zeus suggested a celebration to mark Athena's presence among them.

"Well then, we need a party to celebrate my daughter after all," Zeus exclaimed, his mood lifting with the prospect.

Turning to Ganymede with a mischievous glint in his eye, Zeus proposed, "Ganymede, why don't you introduce OUR daughter to Olympus while I take care of the party?"

Ganymede, taken aback by the word 'our' and knowing the true parentage of Athena, felt a mix of surprise and curiosity but complied with Zeus's request.

"Of course, my lord," Ganymede replied, hiding his own reservations behind a composed facade. "I will gladly introduce Athena to Olympus."

With that, Ganymede and Athena left the room, the young goddess looking up at him with curiosity as they made their way through Olympus. Meanwhile, Zeus busied himself with preparations for the celebration, eager to surprise Ganymede with his secret plan. The atmosphere was charged with anticipation and excitement as Zeus's scheme began to unfold.

As Athena and Ganymede strolled through the grand hallways of Olympus, the air around them buzzed with the divine energy of the gods. Athena, with her youthful exuberance, broke the silence with a teasing yet earnest question.