chp9

As three years passed, Ganymede gradually adjusted to life on Olympus, finding a semblance of stability despite Hera's lingering animosity. While Hera remained cold and occasionally bullied Ganymede, he endured these challenges with grace, maintaining a strong resolve.

During a lavish month-long party hosted by Hera, Ganymede found himself tasked with holding her cup for the duration of the festivities—a symbol of Hera's lingering resentment. Despite this treatment, Ganymede remained composed, unwilling to give Hera the satisfaction of seeing him falter.

Despite Hera's hostility, Ganymede fostered positive relationships with other members of the divine court. He maintained a close bond with Artemis and Hestia, finding solace and support in their company. Hermes, known for his mischievous nature, also became a friend to Ganymede, offering lighthearted moments amidst the divine politics.

In time, Ganymede even found Zeus less irksome, developing a sense of tolerance and understanding towards the king of the gods. Though their relationship remained complex, Ganymede navigated his role as Zeus's cupbearer with diligence and professionalism, earning a measure of respect from Zeus in return.

Despite the challenges and lingering tensions, Ganymede carved out a place for himself on Olympus, finding allies and support among the gods while enduring Hera's ongoing disdain with resilience and dignity.

' agh !, that b*ch really told me to hold the fricking big cup for the whole month!'
'Anyway, after these three years , I discovered some interesting. apparently, gods have a thing called true form . they usually appear in mortal forms , but when agitated or in a fight between gods, they unleash their full form . if a mortal saw the true form of a God, they would burn. Hera showed me her true a few times , I bet she wanted to kill me unintentionally.  thank Zeus, I had already eaten nectar and ambrosia the moment I came .
other than that, there are two ways for a God to get stronger .
one , by understanding ones own divinity, it also depends on your divinity potential.
or by gaining followers, though only minor and desperate gods would try this method, I heard from hestia that accepting faith is not healthy, and it could change a gods personality according to what a believer expects from his God.
even zeus doesn't absorb faith indiscriminately.
thinking about it , I believe I got scammed.  when I first agreed to come with him, I thought I'd be a God among them . but no! just a tiny immortal between the big shots! I think even the weakest minor God could kill me * internally, slamming his head on the floor *
"My beloved , you came,"
Zeus's voice rang out, interrupting Ganymede's train of thought.

Turning towards Zeus, Ganymede's expression softened into a warm smile as he approached the god sitting beneath a tree near his temple. Closing the distance between them, Ganymede's demeanor exuded confidence as he stood before Zeus, circling his arms around Zeus's neck and boldly seating himself on his lap.

In response, Zeus reciprocated by wrapping his arms around Ganymede's waist, drawing him closer. However, as Zeus looked into Ganymede's captivating violet eyes—the eyes he cherished so deeply—he couldn't help but notice a subtle hint of dissatisfaction.

Ganymede's gaze, though affectionate, carried a weight that stirred a sense of concern within Zeus. Sensing the shift in Ganymede's demeanor, Zeus sought to address it with gentle inquiry.

"What troubles you, my dear Ganymede?" Zeus inquired, his voice laced with genuine concern as he searched his lover's eyes for answers.

Ganymede's playful yet slightly pouting expression caught Zeus off guard, stirring a mixture of amusement and guilt within him. The faint blush on Ganymede's cheeks was endearing, emphasizing the genuine disappointment in his eyes.

"I held a cup for a whole month-long party, and you didn't come over even once," Ganymede expressed, his tone a blend of jest and genuine longing.

Zeus's demeanor softened as he listened, realizing the weight of his absence at such a significant event for Ganymede. A pang of remorse tugged at him.