snippet 4

*6 years later*

Two friends had been through a lot together. They had tackled the first day of school, their first ever meeting with people other than the richest of Paris. Throughout this, the two communicated through their letters. Back and forth.

Every day - at least - the two exchanged letters detailing the events of their day despite being by each others' sides all the time. Each one kept their stash of letters somewhere safe.

Little did either of them realise, (Y/n) was falling harder and harder for her best friend.

They had never encountered their first argument. Throughout their 6 years of friendship, not once had they argued - not even over a small thing like who got the last piece of garlic bread during their picnics or who would go first in Monopoly.

However, once the people at school realised who Adrien and (Y/n) really were, they went from being unknown to being the most popular students in their classes. The young boy naturally thrived in the environment - he had been a model for his father's clothing for longer than he could remember. However, the spotlight was too much for (Y/n) to handle.

Everything was always too much for (Y/n) and she began missing parts of lessons to escape the stifling environment. Parts of lessons became full lessons and full lessons became full days. Before anyone realised, (Y/n) began missing weeks of school. Pangs of jealousy were mistaken as wanting everything to go back to the way it used to be.

The worst part for (Y/n) was the fact that the letters stopped arriving at her doorstep every other day despite her writing every day to her so-called best friend.