They carefully propped him up, supporting his back as they checked his vitals. One of them reached for a stethoscope, listening intently to Chan's chest, while another adjusted the oxygen mask that now covered his face.

"I can't believe this happened," Jeongin muttered, his voice filled with disbelief.

I turned my head to see a devastated look on his face. The worry in his eyes mirrored my own. Hyunjin's attempt to reassure us did little to ease the tension that hung heavy in the air.

Changbin's voice broke the silence. "Did he get enough sleep last night?"

Seungmin nodded, his brows furrowed with concern. "He seemed okay before the show."

I listened quietly as the others exchanged worried glances, their minds racing with questions and concerns. But my attention was focused solely on Chan, who was now letting out a few coughs, his body stirring faintly.

"Minho, is he awake?"

One of our managers suddenly approached the scene, looking worriedly over to Chan. After a short talk with one of the paramedics, he walked up to me.

"Minho, I hate to say this but some of you have to be out there. Chan is doing okay, he'll need a break from everything and we'll give him time but right now you have to represent Stray Kids."

My first instinct was to say no. One look was enough for me to know that the others were anything but okay with being in public right now, without their leader. Our performance was over yet we would have to sit and watch other groups, clapping and showing some reactions.

However, I knew how important it was for us to be out there. Thousands of fans were eager to see us, having waited for months to show support, and hope for us to take home an award.

"Can at least one of us stay here with him? I want to make sure he's...okay," I said, my voice slightly wavering with uncertainty.

He sighed a little but nodded his head. "I understand. I'll talk to Changbin and explain the situation then."

I thanked him silently and went back to where Chan was now slowly sitting up.

"I'm okay," he immediately huffed as he saw me. I could roll my eyes at that but decided not to since this was just Chan acting like the Chan I knew.

"Are you really though?" I studied his face, searching for any sign of discomfort or pain. His hair was damp with sweat, clinging to his forehead, and I could see the exhaustion etched into his features. Despite his attempts to hide it, I noticed his hands trembling slightly as he held onto mine, his grip weak but firm.

"I guess I'm kinda... still shaken up by what happened."

I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. "The paramedics said you're stable, but we should wait for the doctor to arrive, just to make sure everything is fine."

Chan sighed, his frustration evident. "I can't believe you guys had to witness that... and now I can't even attend the show."

I could see the disappointment in his eyes, and it tugged at my heart. "It's okay, everything has been taken care of. It's not a big deal. It's just...hard seeing you suffer like this."

We sat in silence for a while, the only sound in the room the soft hum of conversation from the award show outside. Chan's breathing was still ragged, and I could see tears welling up in his eyes.

"Hey, Channie," I said softly, reaching out to gently wipe away his tears. "You're okay now, alright? It's not like it hasn't happened to one of us before."

I knew that Chan wasn't one to easily accept care and affection.He was always so selfless, always putting others before himself. But right now, he needed to know that it was okay to let someone else take care of him, even just for a little while.

Without another word, I enveloped him in a warm embrace, pulling him close against my chest. His body tensed momentarily, but then slowly melted into mine, seeking solace and comfort.

It had been too long since we'd shared a hug like this, and I found myself clinging to the familiarity of it, the comfort of having my hyung in my arms. It brought back a flood of memories - moments of fear and darkness, but also moments of joy and laughter.

Just then, the sound of the announcer's voice from the award show outside reached us, muffled but audible.

Oh right. We were still in the show.

"And the winner of the Best Music Video award is..."

The tension in the room was palpable, but as our eyes met, there was a silent understanding between us. We knew that while winning would be incredible, it wasn't the most important thing. We had each other, and our health was more important than any award. 

No matter what happened next, we were already winners in each other's eyes.

࣪ ִֶָ☾.

-----------------------------------------------