Comfort | Hyunsung

Jisung's pov

"Can you hurry up for once? It's already dark and Chan hyung has called me like five times already! I'm going to blame you if he gets mad at us for being late."

"Then call him back and say that we are already on our way. It's not that difficult Ji", Hyunjin replied overly annoyed while packing his stuff.

I sighed before typing a quick message to our beloved leader who did a great job as being an annoying parent as always. Just because he wanted us all at home before midnight for whatever reason. He was either going to tell us our upcoming schedules or he had some announcement to make. Either way, all of us had to be at home.

"Done. Let's get going", I said while grabbing my bag. We quickly exited the studio and began to walk our way home. The streets were empty with only a few cars driving by. It was also cold because after just a minute, my hands felt numb. Stupid weather. Stupid winter. It was already March and yet there was no sign of a weather change.

Still snowing here and there.

"Excuse me, are you members of Straykids?", a voice from behind suddenly said.

I immediately tensed as I heard the name of our group, not wanting to be recognized at this time. It was cold, it was late and I just wanted to go home.

Nevertheless we both turned around, stunned at seeing a rather small girl looking at us with big eyes. What was this child doing outside at this time?

"Uh yes, we are. You want an autograph?", Hyunjin urged to say, the tone of his voice indicating that he also wanted to return to our warm home.

The small girl suddenly smiled in a way that was rather unsettling than the normal bubbly smile a child would have. Her lips curled up into a grin that gave me the chills all over my body.

We both stood frozen, like deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming car, never being in a situation like this.I couldn't think any further because all of a sudden I felt hands grabbing onto me.

It was so dark, I couldn't see clearly, the only thing I could make out were the shadows of some men.

I couldn't believe what was happening. Just a few minutes ago, Hyunjin and I were walking down the street, laughing and chatting like we always do. And then suddenly, they were there.

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as they started to push and shove us. I tried to fight back, but there were too many of them.

"LET US GO", Hyunjin screamed but he was quickly shut down by a hard punch into his lungs.

Before I knew it, I was pushed onto the ground, feeling the wetness soak into my clothes. I didn't want to admit it but I was scared for my life.

But then, just as suddenly as they appeared, they were gone.

We were left on the ground, dazed and confused, wondering what had just happened. These people had came out of nowhere, attacking us with a ferocity that was both shocking and terrifying.

"Are you okay?", I asked, trying to prop myself up on my elbows.

"Yeah, I think so", Hyunjin replied, wincing as he tried to move his arm.

I looked around and saw that no one was on the streets, only darkness surrounding us.

"What the hell was that?", Hyunjin asked, looking around nervously.

"I don't know", I said, shaking my head. "But we need to get home before they come back."

He gave me a quick nod before I helped him stand to his feet.

"Can you walk?", I asked while worriedly inspecting his injuries. His lips were popped up and bleeding and he was holding tightly onto his chest.

I didn't even want to know how I'd look but I had a feeling that it wasn't pretty.

For a moment I wanted to call for help but I didn't want to cause a stir. Also our dorm wasn't that far away anymore. Just a few blocks and we would be home.

We could do this. 

-----------------------------------------------

Chan's pov

I was sitting in the living room of our dorm, scrolling through my phone, when I heard a loud banging on the door. I jumped up, wondering who it could be at this time of night. Hyunjin and Jisung both had a key so why would they knock?

When I opened the door, I was shocked to see them both standing there, battered and bruised.

"Guys, what the hell happened?", I exclaimed, rushing to their side.

They were barely able to stand and they were covered in cuts and bruises. My heart raced as I tried to process what might have happened to them.

"We were attacked by some people", Jisung explained weakly, "They came out of nowhere."

"Wait what?" My eyes grew wide when I took a closer look at their state. Hyunjin couldn't even stand straight and Jisung seemed to be on the verge of fainting.

"Okay...let's just sit down and then I want to know everything that happened alright?"

I called out to the others, telling them to come quickly. I helped Hyunjin and Jisung to the couch before trying to assess their injuries as best as I could.

I knew that they needed medical attention but I also knew that they needed emotional support and comfort.

All you could hear were gasps of shock when the others arrived. Minho and Seungmin were immediately searching for some bandages while Felix and Jeongin brought them something to drink.

After everything calmed down, Hyunjin and Jisung gave us a very detailed story of what happened. How they were stopped by a little girl, attacked by some strangers and left beaten up behind.

While Hyunjin talked, I noticed how Jisung's eyes filled up with tears and before I knew it, he was apologizing profusely.

"I'm so s-sorry, we-we shouldn't have been alone outside at this time."

Changbin put a hand on his shoulder, his eyes filled with worry. "It's okay, please stop apologizing."

We all hummed in agreement, moving a bit closer together.

Moments of silence followed after but it was comforting in a way I couldn't put into words. There was this indescribable connection between us, that was seemingly of power to heal anything that could ever occur. 

"Thanks guys", Jisung said after a while, his voice choked with tears. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

I smiled at him, eyes shining with pride and affection.

"You don't have to worry about that", I said with a firm and reassuring voice while looking between the two.

"We're always here for you, no matter what."

-----------------------------------------------

author's note

-ughh so cheesy but I'm just happy to have updated again haha 

-I think it was a request by someone but I've started it a long time ago so I don't know exactly from who it was (sorry for not mentioning you)

-hope everyone's doing fine!!