𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

not edited 

not edited 

Renna's POV

Life has been absolutely great the last week I've spent alone at home doing my own thing. But of course every good thing must come to an end.

It's been a week since the night I had to spend at my parents' and when I told them I was going away for a few things.

Delusional bitches.

If they thought in their stupid heads that I would willingly return there, they were seriously mistaken. The fact that Milo got sick from his own overeating was terrible but also a redemption for me. I could disappear from that creepy house and never go back.

Or at least that was my intention.

During the past week, I had an insane amount of calls and messages from my family to which I never responded, but I could imagine what those messages said.

I started singing along with my phone's ringtone as another person attempted to reach me. I recently changed my ringtone to Angel by Shaggy to at least find some pleasure in it. 

As I poured Milo's food into his bowl, my entire body start moving to the rhythm music. I started swaying my hips from side to side and then brought his bowl back to its place.

Satisfied Milo ran up to eat and I slipped out of the kitchen into the living room. I grabbed the remote to turn something on to watch and plopped down on the couch. I scrolled through the movie selection until I finally settled on The Godfather, a movie everyone talked about but I had never seen.

As I went to click play, there was sudden knock on my door and my finger froze on the play button. Furrowing my eyebrows I whispered to myself and look at Milo "Who could be knocking on our door in the middle of a saturday night?"

The knocking came again, this time with more force. "Okay, I'm coming. You're not being kind to my door," I yelled at the unknown person as I scurried from the couch and headed to the door.

I firstly glanced through the peephole and inwardly sighed when I saw who was standing there.

Took them long enough.

I stepped back from the door and allowed my body to relax a bit. I took a few deep breaths and opened the door with force, where I was met with my brother Elio, who had his hand raised to knock again.

As he saw me a big smile spread across his face, and he tilted his head slightly to the side. "Renna, my dear sister, it's so good to see you again," he winked at me.

That little shit.

I opened the door wider and leaned against the door frame. Amused by the situation that had unfolded, I crossed my arms and held my head up. "What do I owe the pleasure of such a visit?" I asked all the men standing outside my apartment door. Honestly, I was quite surprised that it took them so long to find out where I lived, as I never wanted them to know under any circumstances.