𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

Renna's POV

Renna's POV

"Renna Ahvi Suárez, you look absolutely gorgeous and sexy," Hazel complimented me for about the fifth time this evening. 

She came to my apartment about two hours ago and helped me get ready for the charity ball. I wore my hair straight with a few strands pulled back. Haze did my makeup lightly with subtle shades that complemented my overall look. I chose simple black shoes. Around my neck, I wore a delicate necklace from my grandmother from my mother's side.

"Thank you, Haze. You should consider changing your profession and entering the fashion world," I grinned at her. Hazel has been longing for her own business for a long time, but she still insists that she has time, even though we both know the only reason she doesn't pursue it is because her parents don't support her.

Hazel just shook her head and mumbled something on her way to the kitchen. I smiled as I watched her leave and turned to the mirror to make sure everything was in order.

When I found no flaws, I headed to find Hazel, who had moved from the kitchen to the living room, where she was cuddling with Milo.

When I saw this I immediately turned and went to my room to grab the camera to capture this moment. I took off my shoes, tiptoed in front of them, set up the camera, and with one click, I had a memory for a lifetime.

Milo and Hazel didn't notice me at all because they were in their little world. I placed the camera on the coffee table and sat down beside them. The moment Milo noticed me, he stood up from Hazel's lap and slowly walked towards me and curled up next to me, and I scratched him behind the ears.

I looked up and glanced at my best friend, who was frowning at us. "Milo, you traitor, I thought we were best friends." Milo just gave her a small "Meow".

I turned my head to the clock on the wall and saw that it was 5:30 pm, and I should leave to be on time at my parents' house. 

I stood up, "I should go because I expect a call from mom in the next 10 minutes, checking if I'm on my way, and I don't feel like listening to her rambling tonight." I put on my shoes, grabbed my purse, and before leaving the door, I shouted at Hazel, "Please, if you're staying, don't feed Milo anything, but if you're going home, lock up!"

With the click of the door, I heard a faint "Okay," and I headed towards my car. My mom offered to send their driver to pick me up, but I had absolutely no interest. 

Even though we're going from my parents' house together, in case of an emergency, the driver will take me back, and from there, I'll go home on my own. My parents, and actually no one in my family, knows where I live, and it will stay that way.

The journey passed too quickly, and in 15 minutes, I stood in front of the doors where I had last stood half a year ago. I took a deep breath and gave myself a little pep talk in my head. After a few seconds of convincing myself whether to turn back and go back to Milo, I knocked.