𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

Renna's POV 

Renna's POV 

"Can you explain to us why you were talking to Matteo Ricci and then dancing with him?" 

After the dance with Matteo, I wanted to find a place to hide from my family, because I knew what awaited me. Eventually, I found a quiet spot in the corner of the room, where I hid for about an hour until I decided it was time to leave the charity ball and avoid my family for as long as possible. As I was about to grab my coat, someone grabbed me by the shoulder and stopped me. Turning around I saw none other than my father.

Alonso Suárez. 

I sighed and turned to face him. He had an angry expression on his face, but he tried to mask it with a smile, the one he used when he was on the verge of losing his temper.

 "I don't know what you're talking about, father," I replied with a forced smile and turned to leave. 

I love provoking him.

Before I could finally leave this place, Alonso grabbed my right wrist and started pulling me into the hallway, where there were various doors. "Let go of me immediately, Alonso. I'm not in the mood for your nonsense today," I hissed at him. 

To that, he only responded by tightening his grip on my wrist and then opening the door to one of the rooms located in the hallway and roughly pushed me inside. I stumbled, but at the last moment before falling I managed to keep my balance and caught hold of the nearest thing within reach. Not a thing, but something alive. 

A hand. Someone's hand.

I immediately let go of the person's hand and leaned against the wall next to me. I automatically  glanced at the wrist he had been pulling me on and saw a small bruise forming there. 

I'll kill him. 

" For heaven's sake, are you okay? What was that about, father?" Elio asked me as he began to examine my hand.

Elio? Huh? What's he doing here?

Lost in my own world, I hadn't even noticed who else was in the room. My eyes jumped to Elio, to whom I briefly replied that I was fine, and then I looked around the room, and in front of me stood my entire family.

 mom, dad, Lorenzo, Maverick, Rafael, Elio, and Kai 

What the hell is going on here? 

I straightened up and looked directly into my father's eyes. I cleared my throat, "If you ever grab me like that again, dear father, you'll end up without a hand. Mafia don or not." I shifted my gaze from my father to my mother, who was sitting on the couch like a queen. I scoffed, "And now, would you kindly explain to me why you forcibly brought me here?" I finished with a glare at my father. 

"Don't you talk to your father like that, my dear, we didn't raise you to behave like this," Samira, my mother, yelled at me, standing up from the couch and pointing at me.