Chapter Six: Rule Number Seventeen-Don't Be A Hero

Start from the beginning

“Es gibt noch eine Person im Westen Gebäude (There's still a person in the west building),” she answers through her earpiece. “Ich glaube, er oder sie hat es (I think he or she has it!)”

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

The doors come flying toward the three of us and some students on the back. We all hit the ground. Unfortunately, Kelly, whose ten feet away from the door, gets hit. Pieces of wood and some shards of glass are over her. Nina starts to cry and we both remove the shattered door away from her.

“Kelly!” cries Nina.

As we remove the debris, I rest Kelly in my arms and slap her face. “Kelly! Kelly!” I’m getting furious. “Punyeta, Kelly, gumising ka!(Kelly, wake up, goddammit!)” I look at the back and see that nobody is hurt. “Guys, kailangan ko ng tulong dito! (Guys, I need help here!)” I cry.

Nina’s eyes are still flooded with tears. She shakes Kelly. “Kelly! Wake up!”

“For God’s sake, Nina!” I shout. “'Wag ka nga mag-panic! (Stop panicking!)” Her face is scared. It might be because I shouted at her or because Kelly might not wake up. Or Both. I turn back at the back. “Guys! Punyeta, tulungan niyo naman ako dito! (Guys! I need some freaking help here!)” Two boys, Wags and Lebron run towards us. “Dalhin mo siya sa clinic! (Take her to the clinic!)”

Wags piggybacks the unconscious Kelly and Lebron takes Nina’s arm and put it on his shoulders. Then, he supports Nina’s waist and they walk out.

All of a sudden, I heard more screaming. The ground starts to shake and soldiers starts going in our room.

“Evacuate!” says one.

I hide under the teacher’s table as my classmates run outside. Thank God, they didn’t see me hide. Thinking why are there soldiers here, I start to think of something on how can I knock down one of them. I want to know why are they here. I realize later that they aren’t here anymore. There goes my chance knocking one out. I slowly go out under the table and run to my bag. I open it and stare at the aluminum box. I take it out.

Of course! This is why they’re here! But, why would they make such a big attack?

I stare back at the Blue. What is this, really?

I put the box back in my bag and wear it on my shoulders. I tie up my hair into a ponytail and polish my glasses with my skirt. I look around the room for a weapon so I can defend myself. I found a mop and take out its head, hold it diagonally in front of me with my both hands and walk to the doorframe.

Because of watching Zombieland, I’m about to break the biggest rule of all: Rule #17, don’t be a hero. But some rules are meant to be broken.

Those rules apply to a zombie apocalypse. But I’m not going to be facing zombies. This is reality. I’m about to face soldiers, who I don’t know where they’re from. All I know is that they want to get the Blue.

I knew I shouldn’t have rappelled down that cliff. I should’ve controlled my obsession about it. But it was my first time to see a meteorite, which isn’t a meteorite at all.

As I walk through the doorframe, a metal ball appears in front of me. It has a small yellow blinking light. I realize that it is a bomb and I run away from it to the other doorframe. Before reaching the doorframe, it explodes and the wall gets destroyed, making me fly back towards the chairs. A piece of small debris hits my head. I fall on my back and the pain is really throbbing. I feel like my spine just broke into pieces. And my shoulders are really aching. I hold tight on my stick, which is beside me. I try to stand up. But, I fall to my knees. I fight the pain and try to find the son of a bitch who did this.

Whoever he or she is, it really pissed me off because, firstly, I’m wearing a skirt, but good thing it’s short and I have pair of cycling underneath it (uniforms, psshh). Secondly, I just fall onto the chairs and it hurts like hell. And lastly, he or she destroyed my school!

My school is destroyed . . . MY BROTHERS!

What happened to them? Did their building got blown up, too? And the other kids back at the grade school building. I hope they’re safe.

Stupid! No one’s safe when something like this is happening.

I walk side wards and slowly through the edge of the broken floor in front of me. I can see people on the ground looking up at me.

As I walk to my left, a smokey figure appears at the corner. I stop and study it. Within seconds, a lady with medium length red hair in a long black leather coat appears. Her belt buckle has a skull with tentacles in it. I look at her face and she smiles creepily at me. She takes a gun from her coat and holds it by her side.

“Hello. My name is Sin,” she has a German accent. “You have something that I want.”

“What do you want with it?” I ask, my voice is nearly furious.

“Power,” she answers.

I don’t do anything. We just stare at each other. Her face is slowly turning into a dark expression.

“Give me it!” she shouts furiously. Then she points her gun towards me.

I jump on my place, but I didn’t fall. I start to shake in fear because of a gun pointed at me. But no matter how she scares me, I will never give her the Blue.

If she pulls the trigger, I’ll be dead and I’ll fall to the ground. I’m not afraid to die. I’m just afraid that if she gets the Blue, only God knows what horrible things she might do with it.

A sweat falls from my head to my left temple. My heart is pounding so hard in my chest.

“Just give me it, you little impertinent son of a­–“ she didn’t get the chance to finish her sentence as a red circular object hits her on her head from her left. She flies to her right and the object returns to where it came from.

As I follow the object, a man in a blue outfit with his head covered with a mask catches it. A capital ‘A’ is marked on his mask. His chest has a star in the middle and red and white vertical stripes are on his stomach. His gloves and boots are red and he has a blue utility belt. He is on top of the main building.

I couldn’t believe whom I am seeing.

=========================

A/N:

I have a feeling that this chapter is pretty short for... Well, for me...

So, what do you think? Who do you think is the man in the red, white and blue outfit... *narrows eyes*

Hahaha XD We obviously know who he is...

And I also edited a picture of Olivia Wilde, who's 'casted' as Sin Schmidt... Her picture's on the side :P

Well, till the next chapter 

-Ronica :)