Chapter 17

Zayn sits in the big brown couch and sink into it. he stretches his body and then his left leg flies and his left ankle lands on his right knee. He closes his eyes and a soft sigh lefts his lips as he threw his arms behind his head.

He looks more comfortable and relaxed than a stranger have the right to be.

I stand up tall watching him, not making a sound. He remembers I exists seconds later, his eyes flicks open and he looks at me from head to toe :

"This couch is very comfy," he takes a deep breath. Filling hislungs with oxygen. Like it was a normal thing for him. Like it was an everyday thing to do. "Come sit." 

I don't response. I cross my arms instead.

Zayn rolls his eyes and give me the oh-come-on-girl look. I refuse to give up. he bites his lips and sit back straight. Now his body was facing me.

"Is your mum going anywhere?" He asks with spontaneity in his voice. 

I licked my bottom lip, and instantly felt dry again. 

"N-No." my voice as little as my courage. 

He raises his left eyebrow. "Are you sure?" he asks again. 

I nod.

"But she's in her way to the airport." –he checks his black leather watch- and goes on, "No, She's probably at the plane right now."

The words gets stuck in my throat and I struggle to think of something to response. How did he even knew about this? Does he stalks my mother as well? 

"How?" I mange to say.

He smirks. He likes feeling the power and he likes making me feel puzzled and terrified.

He stood up. His dark grey sweater falling a little, covering the zipper of his black jeans. The sleeves of the sweater were rolled to his elbows. His left arm was covered in tattoos. This is the first time I notice them. I see him often with heavy sweaters and jackets that would swallow his body. But now that he felt warm inside my house. He peeled all of them off. He walks steps closer. He wasn't close but he wasn't far.

I can feel his eyes burning into my face as I kept my gaze down his arm and his tattoos. 

"I saved your name a spot." He smiles sweetly as he'd mean it. 

My face feels weird and I realize I was smiling back. I quickly brush it off. 

Zayn walks pass me. His eyes travelling all over the living room and kitchen. Staring at every antique we owned. Which were a lot, my mum loves them more than her own self. He walks into the kitchen, then heads back into the living room. His eyes still searching the cover-in-paintings walls. And I was curious enough to ask him if he was interested in buying the house or if he was investigating a murder and looking for evidence.

I keep the wonder to myself.

"You got a nice house." He says in a delightful voice. 

"Thanks." I say in the same pale tone of mine.

He walks pass me again, only this time his fingers curls in my wrist and he pulls me behind him to the couch where he was sitting. I sit close to him. Our thighs touch and I allow myself to enjoy being touched.

Zayn bites his lip until it turns red. He takes a breath and crawl a little closer. His pretty face was closer and my heart was beating faster. he finally says :

"I want to stay with you while your mum isn't here." He says in a serious tone. His eyes never leaving mines.

My mouth parts. I had to ask to make sure what I heard was right.

"Stay where? Here? With me? For a weak?" I ask with astonishment all over my weak voice.

He smiles and nods.

I title my head a little staring at him. Trying to solve him out. Is this boy crazy? Does he suffer from a rare illness that made him not realize that I do not want him anywhere near me and that the thought of him making and forcing himself on me makes me shiver? Did he run away from a mental hospital? Is this dude okay?

"No." I find myself standing up. looking angrily down at him. I do not want him to think I'm weak -Even though I was- I do not want him to think he was in control. –even though he was- I do not want him to think I'm a doll. –even though I'm becoming one and I'm letting him be the spoil child that gets to play with it every time he wished-.

His soft yet strong hand gently pulled me down again with him. I turned my head away to not face him.

"It's only one week." He begged.

I didn't give up. Neither did he.

"I'll sleep in this very couch every night." He says. I rolled my eyes. He's a terrible lair.

"and I'll cook you breakfast and I'll do the dishes and vacuum the house if you want," I hear a giggle in his voice and I try my best not to giggle as well as a picture of him vacuuming with maid's dress crossed my head.

"And I'll take care of you," his voice getting soft and tender as his fingers pushed the bangs of my hair away. chills attacks my body like a deadly germ. "And I'll sing to you when you're tense," he carried on. "and I'll read to you 'til you fall asleep. and I'll help you with your homework. And we can cuddle and watch your favorite movie for seven nights row. And I'll wipe your tears away and kiss your scars whenever you're feeling down. And I'll make you feel loved and beautiful. I want to be your favorite smile and I want you to waste time thinking if you're really wasting your time on me or if I'm worth it. I want you to want to spent time with me. and I promise you, Sach, I'll bring everything I got, and everything in me to make you enjoy my company. And I promise I'll prove to you for the next 168 hours that I am worth it." His voice was soulful and kind. His eyes were so gold and they sparkled like diamonds. And for a moment I believed him.

I think for a second. Letting the idea settle inside me. Even if I said no, he'd still break in like today. And he'd haunt me down like a mad ghost. And he'd never leave me alone and he'll always be there like my own shadow. 

"You're really good at math," I flirted as my lips curved into a grin. And Zayn's did the same. His eyes lit up as he took my response as a yes. 

Zayn titles his head a little and our lips meets. I close my eyes remembering the rules of kissing. His mouth toys mine. It was more of a sweet kiss than his known hungry ones and I award myself by letting me enjoy the taste of his lips.