Chapter 8

Lauren's mum was at the kitchen, right next to the front door. Her head curls out of the kitchen's door, checking who was there.

"Hello dear." She walks closer with her arms in the air. I hug her. She's almost as warm as my mum. 

"Is everything alright, Sach? You don't look so great." She asks, worry in her voice. 

I shrugged. "Yes, yes I'm fine, um, where's Lauren?" 

Mrs. Mullens. Gives me a look, the one where your eyebrows is on the shape of London Bridge High. she knows I'm lying. She knows me so well. 

She sighs. "She's upstairs in her room, love" 

I nod and run.

"Hey" Lauren says with enthusiasm as I open her bedroom's door. I squeeze her fevered body tight. "I missed you." I say as I drop my bag on her bed and jump next her. She pats my back. "I missed you, too."

A moment of uncomfortable silence takes over us. I break it soon, 

"He's everywhere." I mumble. "Everywhere I go he's there,"

"Zayn?" she asks. She already knows.

I nod. 

She sets up. Getting more comfortable with her legs crossed beneath her "Did you see him again?" 

I shift, getting comfortable as well. "I did."

"Fill me in," 

Between her gasps and shocked eyes, I were able to tell her everything she was missing on. surley lots of things happened.

"oh.my.god" she says after a minute. "He can't just do that!"

"Well, he did." 

"You should stop him, Sach."

"I tried, I couldn't."

She chews her pink lips as her eyes travelled around the room, thinking.

"He's waiting outside right now." I cut her thoughts with my low voice. 

Her eyes widen. She shoves the covers away from her, jumping out of her bed to the window next to the messy desk. And I wonder where the sick Lauren went. I follow her anyway.

I peek like I always do, slowly and invisibly. And Lauren ruins my undercover as she rips the curtains. Letting Zayn easily catch our staring eyes. He smirks. He likes being challenged.

She pulls the curtains back shut. "THIS DUDE IS CRAZY!" she screams at my face, like it was my fault he followed me. Like I was the one who told him to show up and stalk us. Like I enjoying it.

She takes a deep breath in. 

"Call the cops." 

I roll my eyes "oh, Lauren.."

"I'm serious" she grabs me by the shoulders as she goes "you can't just let him do that!" 

I look away.

"He could be a killer, Sach. You don't know him" she says, her voice getting smooth. "He sneaked inside your bedroom for god sake."

She was right. I should put a stop to it. 

"But.." I tried to make up an excuse, don't really know why, but I didn't want to tell him off. "They'll probably gonna make him sign some shit and tell him to stay away from me. They're not gonna actually stop him, and I'm pretty sure they're not putting him in jail for scaring little kids,"

"Sach,"

I cut her, trying to convince her, and convince myself as well that it's not as dangerous as it sound.

"Plus," I continue:

"I don't want my parents to know." 

"they should know, though." She crosses her skinny arms on her small waist. 

I sighs looking everywhere besides her bluest eyes. I knew I was wrong and I knew she was just trying to protect me and I knew I'll regret this.

I sat back in her bed. Then I braved up and cleared my throat. "I'm going out with him." Looking in her bluest eyes this time.

Her mouth dropped open. "No, you are not." She moves closer.

"I am, Lauren,"

"I'm not letting you." 

"I'm going out with him for this small dinner date," I confirmed. "If that what he wants, then fine let it be. I'll just give it to him maybe he'd leave"

"You don't even know what you're putting yourself through, Sach."