Chapter 7 : An Unawaited Meeting

October 1st , 1984. The arriving of the Fun Fair was getting closer and closer. The group tried to carry on their live until that very moment as good as they could. On this sunny Sunday, Heather and April were out shopping together, at the mall. They were both coming out of Claire's.

"All of the bracelets here are not it..." April said. "Let's go to the shop where Shawn bought you this ! I wanna see what else they got in bracelets."

Heather blushed.

"What ? No, Shawn didn't bought this to me."

"Oh come on...You think I don't know ? Even a blind person could see it."

"What are you talking about ?!"

"Oh please, stop acting...You know damn well... "Ouh Shawn, my quiet prince !" Hahaha !" she said, smiling and overacting.

Heather laughed.

"Stop, I don't talk like that... He's just a good friend..."

"A very good one, as I can see."

April felt a hand laying on her shoulder.

"Yeah, April, please stop."

She turned around, frightened. But as soon as she was who was it, her expression turned from fear to joy. A tall, long haired man stood here. Fully black dressed, a sort of rockstar look-alike in front of them, smiling at them.

"Jacob ?!" she said loudly, hugging him.

Heather's eyes widened.

"What are you doing here ?! I thought you were going into another highschool out of town, staying at a friend's house ?"

"Hehe, indeed, but after negociations between mom and Ravensburgh's Highschool principal, they're accepting to take me back in for my last year of highschool. I was coming here to get gifts for my arrival, but I guess you guys will help me chose !"

"That means you're coming back living with us ?!"

"Indeed"

Heather and April were fulled of joy.

"I hadn't seen you in so long...You're so...changed !"

"Yeah...let's say I found my style."

"Suits you well ! But doesn't suit your personnality though...Never saw a punk-sweetheart before."

"Hey ! You guys are family...that's different."

"You should see him with my friends..."

"You're still hanging out with those guys ?..."

Heather seemed surprised.

"You don't like them ?"

"No, don't get me wrong, they're uhm, "great", but, you know..." He made a weird face "Nerds !", mocking them.

"Jacob stop ! I told you to stop calling them that !"

"Oh come on I'm just joking...I just find it funny...What the club became."

Heather's eyes frowned of interrogation.

"You know about the Club ?"

"Ho, ho baby..."

"He's the founder of it..."

"What ?! Why aren't you a part of it anymore."

"Got disbanded when I was definitively kicked out Middle School, until April and her little friends took back on it the following year. Anyway, we're gonna shop or what ?!"