3

Content warning: Mentions of death by cancer.
—————————
Sometimes, you have to think about whether you hate your demons or if you want to keep them around for comfort.

William and Paul waited for Rory, falling into an easy conversation that flowed like a river.

Andrew walked out of the room he had entered a few minutes ago, now wearing different clothes. After announcing to his father that he was going out, he gave a glance to Paul.

Their eyes met in an instant, and as soon as it started - it was over. Andrew walked right past them and out the door, closing it behind him.

William looked at Paul, a questioning look plastered on his face. Paul turned back to William "What?" He asked, swallowing hard.

"What's his problem?" William asked, leaning back on his chair. Paul simply shrugged, looking down at his bracelet. "No idea." He muttered under his breath.

William eyed Paul skeptically, feeling as if his best friend wasn't being truthful with him. Paul avoided looking at William, not wanting to somehow be caught just from the guilty expression that was plastered on his face.

William leaned closer to Paul, "Are you sure?" He pressed. Paul looked at him after taking a deep breath "Yeah, no idea honestly." He shrugged, "He's always acting like that." He added.

William nodded slowly "That's true." He shrugged, moving on from his previous suspicions. Paul nodded quietly, letting out a sigh of relief.

After 15 more minutes, Rory was done getting their teeth checked and cavities filled.

After dropping Paul off at his house, William and Rory went back home, mainly in silence, as Rory was still in a bit of pain from getting their cavities filled.

Rory walked first into the house, holding a hand to the side of their mouth, rubbing it a little. The pain was going to subside soon, but until then it all was quite overwhelming, so they just wanted to go back to their room and lay down.

William followed behind, holding both his and Rory's backpack. He closed the door behind them both and leaned their backpacks against a wall, in the hallway. He took his shoes off, leaving them next to Rory's, before walking to the kitchen.

His mom looked over at him with a smile "Hey, Will, how was school?" She asked, continuing to stir into a pot filled with soup. "Hey, mom, it was good," William responded, sitting down at the kitchen table.

Laura nodded, "Cole is coming home soon, did you take your sister to her dentist appointment?" She asked, glancing at him. William nodded, "Yeah." He responded shortly.

Laura smiled, "Set up the table before you get changed." She mostly ordered him, pointing at the cabinet where the dishes were all put aside very neatly, for later usage.

William began setting up the table with no complaints, knowing better than to comment on his mother's words. As he finished up, he heard the front door open, the sound being followed by heavy footsteps.

Laura wiped her hands clean with a kitchen towel before walking to the hallway, "Hey, dear, how was work?" She asked her boyfriend, watching him take his shoes off. "It was good." Cole smiled at her.

Laura stepped closer, kissing her boyfriend after he was done taking off his shoes. William recoiled at the sight, scrunching up his nose. He didn't like the fact that his mom had a boyfriend, but he couldn't do anything about it.

Cole had been living with them for a year and a half now, the two having been in a relationship for 3 years. Them kissing wasn't an unfamiliar sight, but William still couldn't get used to it no matter how hard he tried.