2

And what better way to accept something than admit it to the one person you never thought you'd speak to again?

Andrew lightly scoffed, but his gaze softened, his eyes darting to the floor "I was wrong, okay?" He muttered, his fingers now fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

Before Paul could say anything, Andrew continued talking "I thought I was doing the right thing, I simply wanted to be normal like everyone else and not have to worry about what they'd all fucking say." He continued explaining.

Paul's eyebrow raised "Oh, so now I'm also an abomination, or what?" He asked, before taking another drag from his cigarette.

Andrew shook his head in disbelief "Jesus Christ, you're fucking stupid." He mumbled, walking closer to Paul. "Do not start with that, Paul, you know damn well how I felt and you know that's not what I meant." Andrew continued, reaching out to touch Paul's hand.

Paul pulled his hand away, some ash falling from his cigarette in the process "Hey, do not fucking touch me." He said firmly, biting the inside of his cheek.

Andrew opened his mouth to speak, but Paul was the first one to speak after their temporary silence "You think that you'll fix everything with your stupid apology?" He asked, his tone dripping with disdain.

Andrew looked at him and grabbed his chin, forcing their eyes to meet "Just tell me what you want me to do so I can fix it all, Paul." He begged, pleading with his eyes.

Paul slapped Andrew's hand away with his free hand "I want you to go fuck yourself and never speak to me again." He declared, taking a drag from his cigarette and blowing the smoke in Andrew's direction.

Andrew nodded for a moment before he turned to the side and his fist collided with the cold tile wall of the bathroom. He muttered something under his breath, shaking his hand while walking out of the bathroom.

Paul watched him walk away in silence before his eyes fixated on the wall that Andrew punched with such fervor. "Coward," Paul muttered, taking a last drag from his cigarette before throwing it on the floor and stepping on it with his shoe.

Paul shook his head in disbelief "What a fucking coward you are, Andrei.." He murmured, reaching to the sink to wash his hands.

"Ready to go, Paul?" A familiar voice said from the doorway, making Paul turn his head to whoever dared to interrupt his thoughts. But it was just William, no one Paul should worry about.

Paul smiled, shaking his head in disbelief "Why is everyone sneaking up on me today?" He asked teasingly, turning the water to the faucet off and grabbing two paper towels, drying his hands with them before throwing them away in the nearest trash can.

"You're a hard man to reach, maybe we all need to catch you off guard to even catch you at all." William joked as Paul picked up his backpack from the floor and joined him on their walk to their next class.

Paul shook his head in disbelief "Yeah, well maybe you should call next time instead of sneaking up on me when I'm enjoying a smoke." He smirked, nudging William lightly.

William shrugged, smiling at him. "Yeah, maybe." He nodded, continuing to walk with his best friend. "So did you do your English essay?" William asked, leaning closer to Paul.

Paul gave him a nod, "Yeah, I think I outdid myself." He smiled, chuckling. "You'll probably get outdone by no other than Andrew himself though, like usual," William commented, his eyes darting from wall to wall.

Paul scoffed, his smirk making an appearance once more "I wouldn't put it past that woman, she's so old she probably doesn't even know what Andrew writes." He responded, gripping his backpack strap.