‎♡‧₊˚twenty-seven ♡‧₊

As I sit in the private dining area of a rooftop restaurant, I stare at my boyfriend talking to the chef who has turned out to be an acquaintance

As I sit in the private dining area of a rooftop restaurant, I stare at my boyfriend talking to the chef who has turned out to be an acquaintance. They have known each other since his Harvard days.

I can't help but wonder what his life during those years must have been like.

Was he friendly? It can't be.

He has never been friendly with anyone except a few close ones in his circle.

How did Darina help him really apart from what I've been told by him and his nonna?

"We'll have roasted beef tartare, crostini napoletani with Ricotta, Sardines and Dandelion Greens and... the Special Goose liver ravioli with balsamic vinegar and brown butter. Do we need anything else, tesoro?" Ares's voice distracts me from my thoughts.

"I am not hungry. I'll just have a drink or two," I sigh, mumbling distractedly.

Ares and I have had the most perfect day...well almost perfect until I ran into Veronica. I slept over it, though. And just when I'd started to feel better, I had to confront Darina once again. Not just confront also watch her snake ass lying about her encounter with me at Devil's Den.

What a bitch.

"We'll have a bottle of Winston Churchill Brut 2000. Thanks, Luigi," Areston says without needing the wine list and dismisses the man. "Why aren't you hungry?"

I shrug. "I feel full."

"Nevertheless, you will eat," he takes my wrists in his hands over the table and caresses the inner area of my wrist with his thumbs, sending sensual tingles down my spine.

"Will you be forcing it down my throat, your highness?" I ask with extra sweetness to irk him.

"I love you," he whispers softly, his voice packing a delicious longing, his disturbingly smoldering gaze kicks a strong desire inside me as they linger on me.

"Just because you know what it means to me doesn't mean you get a free pass to use all the time to distract me."

"Don't I?" he chuckles.

"No. I have questions about Darina," I murmur, collecting the strength in me I need to fight this distraction of senses he is creating.

He closes his eyes and inhales deeply before opening them.

His temper visibly shifts, the color of his eyes moving a shade darker. "Well then. Go ahead. Ask."

"Really?" I can't believe it. Is he agreeing?

"Yes, really."

"Oh?"

"I don't like it when you run your imaginations wild and it causes you distress. I want you to feel free to ask whatever crap that comes to your mind so I can answer in the best way I can. I just want you to be happy, Belle. So, ask away," his jaw tightens.