‎♡‧₊˚thirty-two ♡‧₊

"Are you fucking insane? You want to buy a $1,200 million house for Juliette?"

"I don't see why it should come to you as a shock," I scratch my jaw, walking into my study.

"Do I need to remind you that you bought a $290 million fourplex you're living in only a couple of months ago?" Kaden is on the other side of the line, his heavy, labored breathing underscored by the steady thumping of his treadmill working at a vigorous speed. 

"So?" 

"So? Have you forgotten that the $500 million sailing yacht you also bought this year will be delivered to you next week? Why do you wish to deliberately be caught in the public eye with all the splurge? The whole Tax-The-Rich lobby is anyway looking for opportunities to come behind us. Doesn't it give you a headache?"

"Fuck that lobby. I am the world's second richest man. I don't give a fuck how my spending any amount out of my $217 billion of net worth appears to the public or those tax-the-rich cuckolds. Will you look into the property for me and get the things in motion?"

"She doesn't like this place?"

"She loves it, but I want her to have a place she can decorate from scratch and make it our home. Right now, it's just reeks of me. I also don't like the fact that the Rothschilds are the only family in New York who still reside in their family-built centuries old mansion."

"So this is about piss contest with your in-laws? You want to show Jen your dick's bigger than the imaginary one she thinks she has. That's why you're buying a mansion that was gifted by the original owners to the city almost 100 years ago and converted into a museum. You want to rub it in her face that you'll have the most priciest and most inaccessible property."

I chuckle. "Something like that."

"I am glad you have Jennifer Rothschild to keep your damned ego in check."

"Don't ruin my morning by mentioning her more than once. She's like this stick up my ass that won't leave me alone."

"You deserve it."

"Fucker. Anyway, the NTSB's testimony on preliminary findings is going to hit Nikolai hard next week. His stock is going to plummet. I need to maximize the fallout," I tap the surface of the desk with my eyes fixed on the iMac's screen that displays the stock performance of Nikolai's company AetherWings, the arch-rival of my subsidiary De L'Aquila Aviations.

"Hmm. That can be done. Let's start a rumor that doesn't look like one. Leverage one of the reputed financial analysts of Rothschild Financial Journal as it's the most trusted amongst the business community. Feed bits and pieces on the imminent downgrade of AtherWings due to the startling discovery in the NTSB report and let the analyst do the rest," he suggests, his cunning and insanely genius lawyer's brain jumping into work mode at lightning speed.