18

Alexandra's POV

I spot Nik leaning against the doorway, and shout his name, running over to him. I hug him, feeling him return it after only a few seconds.

Damon turns the music down and walks over to us.

"Hey Little Wolf. Did you have fun?" Nik asks, pulling away from me.

"Yep. Damon's not actually half as bad as I thought he'd be," I joke, turning to look at him.

He scoffs, placing a hand on his heart, faking being hurt.

"Really? Come on, Little Lady, here I was thinking we were developing a friendship," he says sarcastically, but grins at the same time.

"We have, I'm just being truthful. At least I didn't say you're the worst person I've ever met," I laugh seeing his face change.

"True, true. Ah well."

"You ready to go Lex?" Nik asks me, gaining my attention again.

"Yep." I follow him to the door, Damon trailing behind us.

Before we leave, I turn back to Damon and hug him, which seemed to surprise him. "Thanks for looking after me Damon."

"Of course, Little Lady. I had fun," he smiled down at me, returning my hug after a moment.

"Just so you know, you've earned a friend for life. You're not gonna get rid of me that easily," I tell him. I can feel my eyes shining in happiness.

He ruffles my hair, laughing when I slap his hands away. "I wouldn't expect anything else. I'll see you around then?"

"Yep. See you around Damon."

I walk out the Boarding House, waving to Damon before I grab onto Nik's arm, letting him speed off. We come to a stop a minute later.

I let go of his arm, looking around. "Where are we?"

"About five minutes from the house. I wanted to talk to you before we walk in," he replies, walking off.

I quickly follow behind him.

"Did you have to snap his neck at all?" he asks me. I laugh and shake my head.

"Nope. We spent the whole time singing, dancing and making pancakes. We made a huge mess of the kitchen though. It took almost an hour to make them because we were too busy chasing each other with flour and stuff," I tell him, laughing as I think back to about an hour ago.

Nik starts laughing too. "Sounds fun. So, you ready to meet everyone?"

"Yep. Getting a little nervous again, but I'll be fine. Just don't leave me by myself," I tell him, sliding my arm through his, so our arms are linked.

"I promise you I won't leave. There is one thing I need you to do for me though," he tells me, looking down to look at me.

I roll my eyes, meeting his gaze. "Knowing you, you'll want me to do something dramatic or whatever."

"You know me too well," he grins, earning a laugh from me.

"I mean true, but I was just thinking it's because you're such a drama queen."

I try to hide my laugh upon seeing his disapproving face, but fail miserably. He ends up laughing with me, unable to hide his amusement.

"Go on then, what is it you want me to do?" I finally ask, looking back up at him.

"Nothing much. I just need you to wait outside the room until I call you in," he answers.

"So you're doing a dramatic speech and want me to come in at exactly the right moment? Nice," I laugh, knowing this would be funny. Knowing Nik, he'll make it as dramatic as possible, just for the laugh of it.