Chapter 2

Trying to write longer chapters! :D

^^^^^^^

Ch 2

Ava'

I sunk down into the soft plush chair, my body relishing in its comfort. I sipped slowly at my hot chocolate and I closed my eyes in bliss music playing softly in my ears. I was very much aware of my surroundings no matter how lost in my own world I may seem. You can never be too careful, was my daily mantra.

The coffee shop that I was in was one that I came to almost daily, it was one of the few coffee shops in this town that offered service to both supernatural and human. It was my little inside joke, since I passed at both why not establish it as my little safe haven. The people that came in here were mainly supernatural’s and trust me if you were a human you would be getting the dirtiest looks from these people. I felt their glares daily, simple minded idiots.  

Supernatural’s were allowed to mix together, we were never allowed to date obviously, have children or get married. We hardly ever did mix together though, although there were rare occasions when it happened a lot.

The owners of the shop were a witch couple, an elderly couple they were. Lowell and Gina, they were such friendly people to both human and supernatural. I absolutely loved it here and was thinking of getting a job here.

I heard the loud cling of the bell at the entrance of the shop and I felt the hair on the back of my neck rise. Ever so slowly I sat up and removed my earphones and opened my eyes. I haven’t been in this town for more than two months. I wanted to make this place my permanent residence for at least until I finished high school, I only had one year left.  I hoped these people didn’t cause trouble for me.

I stared at the men that had just walked in, something seemed off about them. They were human yes but their general vibe seems off, out of place. They wore black heavy duty raincoats and hard lace up combat boots. These men were not here for a cup of coffee. I slowly packed away my iPod in my little satchel as I tried to appear nonchalant. My senses were on high alert and as I lifted my eyes I caught sight of one of the men staring at me.

He looked at me dead straight in the eye and I felt myself shiver. His golden coloured eyes unnerved me and I stood up and made my way towards the corner of the shop where the vending machines were placed. I eavesdropped into their conversation.

“Have you seen, anything...weird around these parts?” asked one of the burly men. They spoke extremely softly, if it weren't for my high sense of hearing I would get nothing. Plus half the shop had emptied as soon as those men arrived. I sifted in my bag for loose change while they spoke.

“No, not at all,” spoke Gina in a very timid voice.

“You see, we have reason to believe that somewhere around these parts there lurks an endangered species.”

My breath caught in my throat, they couldn’t possibly mean...

“It’s a hybrid you see, we are a troop from the special supernatural forces located at the capital. We were sent out to recover...this uhh species is quite dangerous, to both human and supernatural. It is rumoured that this person, uhh species, is a hybrid of a dragon and witch.”

Holy shit, a dragon? Aren’t they supposed to be extinct? They died years ago in the Great War. I can’t believe there is a hybrid dragon and witch out there! Something was weird though, why were they discussing this in a coffee shop, in front of all these people. Unless...

I turned my head sharply to my left and my eyes landed on a hunched up form that was obviously listening to their conversation. It was a boy with light blonde hair a dark green hoodie. Could he be?