Chapter 15

Hey guys, just to let you know. I have no internet. Fuck all. So, I'm uploading this from my phone and I'm just hoping it works. So if the format is funny, I'm sorry! I'll fix it up when I get internet again!

+++++++

Chapter 15

'Ava

I groaned out loud, running through the woods, the branches struck out and caught me on my arms and hair. I battered them away, looking behind me. My breathing hitched and I let out a small squeak. I carried on running, pushing myself forward. I jumped over a rock, pushing my arms out to balance myself.

I could see the cliff nearing. I began running faster, using all my speed to get there. I looked behind me again, bad mistake. I just had enough time to run forward before I was tackled to the ground. A small amount of fear made its way into my system.

I looked up at the golden eyes, my lip trembling. I shut them tightly again and gasped, I tried to push his face away.

"Calyx! Stop licking me, you giant furball!" I yelled, laughing as Calyx began licking me. He had shifted and was now in his Panther form. His Panther's name was Sacha. What a snooty little thing she was. I giggled loudly when Calyx playfully nipped my ear. I tried pushing him off me again, he simply let out a low whining noise before toppling onto me and laying there, his paws outstretched.

I scowled up at him, my wings twitching on my back. He was putting all his weight on me, but he knew it wouldn't harm me. I was strong enough for it. He pretended as if I wasn't there. His Panther was pure black, his fur was shiny like silk. He was quite large, but nonetheless slim. He had strong, elongated limbs. He was fucking graceful I can tell you that.

He looked down again at me, Sacha was the name of his Panther. She wasn't essentially someone else living inside him. She was like an entity, she was in essence a spirit. No one really knows the origins of the Panther shifter. Calyx had told me that not even Sacha had much knowledge about it. Sacha was his guide, she would help him heal, talk to him and generally help him through the process of being a Panther shifter. Calyx told me that she had been there for him when no one else was.

The wind was softly blowing through his fur, the smell of a storm approaching made me shiver in delight. Calyx tilted his head down towards me, tilting his head to the side curiously. I lifted my hand up and softly scratched him behind his ear. He began purring again. I giggled at that.

Oh, god. I'm giggling so much. What the hell is happening to me? Am I turning into a sap? Where was badass Ava? I groaned loudly. With Calyx here I haven't had much time to think about much. To think about Dante or to think about the group. I didn't really want to think about them, but they still popped up now and then. However the angel part of me wanted to help them.

I sighed loudly, pouting now and looking up at Calyx. I didn't like reminiscing on all of this, it only served to depress me further. Maybe I should to talk to Calyx about it? But Calyx left you...can you trust him again? And fuck, there's that damn voice of doubt.

I heard the loud clap of thunder, I looked up eagerly. With surprising strength I pushed Calyx of off me and I ran towards the cliff. I stood right at the edge, I let my wings go. I relished in the feeling of having the wind blow through my feathers. I ruffled them out a bit and allowed them to flap around slightly. I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath. The storm, it calmed me. I loved the tension it brings with it. That tense moment when you hear the loud clap of thunder, when you hold you breath, waiting for the lightning to fork and for the sky to start pouring with heavens tears.

My mother used to say heaven was crying whenever there was a storm. I never used to believe her, but now I do. It feels as if there's a great sense of relief when the storm releases itself. Like a whoosh and then a clear, crisp breath of fresh air.